Ultimate Subaru Message Board

More Datsun Similarities

Mitsubishi makes the turbos that are used on the WRX (not the STi).

Both Subaru and Toyota use NipponDenso starters. You can go to your local Toyota dealer, buy a couple different packets of starter contacts, and you should be able to replace all the contacts in your Subaru starter with the contents of those packets from Toyota.

There are waaaaaay too many companies sharing stuff between one another for it to all be compiled into one list.

If I got caught driving a mitsubishi I would shoot the dog and join the military myself.

Come on, if you look under the hood of the D-50 there is a plate that says manufactured by mitsubishi for chrysler corp. How could he have not have known? My D-50 certainly not the reliability of my subaru, but at least it's not a Dodge.

Subaru and Nissan did some Projects together, long time Ago... even the Key of a EA82 Subie is the Same of some 80`s Nissan`s.

Also, subaru did sell a Nissan -diesel- as the "Subaru Leoné II" in some Markets, as Greece... Look a this Thread for mo` Info:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53434&page=9

Id like to see a list of all the different makes and models that have been confirmed to have part interchangeability with our subes. Well we got Datsun/Nissan now, what about toyota or honda? Doesn't Mitsu make something for us?

The air ride computer out of my gl-10 says mitsubishi electric corp. on it.

Mitsubishi is the largest manufacturing company in the world, at least they used to be, not sure anymore.. I've got a Mitsubishi VCR :-P Two actually lol (A lot more reliable than the Mitsubishi car I had!)

As for the LUV, I've seen ONE in a junkyard that had Isuzu badges and said "ISUZU" on the tailgate, but I can't remember what the name of it was lol... Most of the Isuzu stuff I've run into has been crap, esp. the Trooper lol I don't think I know anyone with a gas trooper that hasn't had problems with it!