Ultimate Subaru Message Board

what tires your rockin'?

crazy D

hey guys its me D, back again with a nother fun thread... i want to know what tires you guys are rocking, and while your at it, dont be afraid to include tread life, durability, traction, cost, where you got them, and of coarse picks of them(in action or not). make it a good thread guys, show 'em off:burnout: :headbang: (i got permission by Zapar to post this too:cool: )

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kumho Venture M/T's 27x8.5R14's (197mm wide, 26.3 inches tall) 6ply side wall.

Tread life I estimate at 35,000km to 40,000km. Cost, expensive.... ($180AUD)

kuhmo_mt_tread.jpg

My brother is on

Goodyear Wrangler TG's which are 185/75R14's (185mm wide 25.8 inches tall?) 6 or 8 ply side wall? Him and his mate reckon they'll get somewhere between 30,000km to 50,000km. The guy at the tire shop said they see them get upto 80,000km on vans. Cost, $140AUD, pretty cheap for this kind of tire.

19.jpg

And a picture for the road

subaru_4wd_dirtroad2.jpg

sorry to hijack...runnin' 195/70 r15's on the legacy, no real off road pics yet(kinda afraid to get it dirty just yet), goodyear cargo vector's. good all around tread for dirt and gravel.

had them on my GL for a while and tore up some S**t in that. I'll see if i can find a pic or two.

I have 205/60/15 uniroyal winter SRX's They are basicaly an agressive all terrain tire.Treadwear ?not sure,but they are snow tires...They do alright offroad.I havent been stuck once because of there tread.I got stuck once 'cause one front tire was off the ground and one rear tire didn't have alot of weight on it either.

had I known to press the brakes and gas to act as a poor man's LSD I probally wouldnt have been stuck

I run 28x8.50x14 Bias ply super swampers.. I love them. They are awsome in the mud..

On the street, well they are really loud because i have no carpet on the inside. but even before i ripped that out, they are pretty loud, and have flatspots in the mornings lol.. But if you want to go the hole 9 yards for an offroad tire. get the swampers..

on my car cleaned up

100_0003.JPG

On my car, well not so cleaned up

Mymudhole_resized_.jpg

Btw, they really dig at 7k rpms :headbang:

Bridgestone Dueler APT 225/70R14, quiet on the road and highway. good medium duty tire. good traction offroad and in snow. have yet to test them in mud. i know their nothing special but for what i paid ($100 for all 4 90% tread left) i couldnt pass it up.

100$$$ for all for!!!!! send me a link or where you got them!

I run 28x8.50x14 Bias ply super swampers.. I love them. They are awsome in the mud..

On the street, well they are really loud because i have no carpet on the inside. but even before i ripped that out, they are pretty loud, and have flatspots in the mornings lol.. But if you want to go the hole 9 yards for an offroad tire. get the swampers..

Btw, they really dig at 7k rpms :headbang:

DITTO on my hatch

DRTYGRL has 205/75/14 Courser OTD. Nice tyre not to bad on price and radials :headbang: Tim

i know this sounds really dumb(and yes i am aware of gearing and power) but what a bada$$ tire, super swamper TSL Thornbirds:eek: :eek: :eek: those look like the tire to have....spendy spendy spendy tho...i want something agressive, but cheap

Thornbirds are the most overrated tire ever. no better performance offroad than any other Mud-terrain tire out there. and much more expensive.

For a dedicated M/T, you can't beat the TSLs

if street manners are a consideration, BFG M/Ts, Kumho M/Ts, etc.

if cost is a major factor....the Uniroyal Liberator A/Ts from Wal-Mart are about as cheap as they come.

if street manners are a consideration, BFG M/Ts, Kumho M/Ts, etc.

Yeah, I want to put some BFG's on my 15"s, but I want 235 wide and nothing over 28" tall.. hmm. What they need to make is a 235/65R15 M/T haha

The BFG's have much better side tread then the Kumho's

On the lifted rig, I run some Bronco M/T 235/75/R15's (Cooper Tire) during the summer, were cheap tires I got for next to nothing from my Brother's shop. For the winter I run some WinterForce 235/70/R15's because the M/T's suck in the ice and snow, I paid a good amount for these but they rock in the snow.

My Summer Tires:

tire1.jpg

Winter Tires WinterForce:

5.jpg

BFG's are so expensive :-p tho

yea, well, that's where you have to make the decision. you're not going to find a tire with the offroad traction of a swamper, the on-road behavior of an all-season, and the cost of the liberators....

Traction

Tread-life

Cheap

pick 2.