Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Don't do it on less than a 1/4 tank of gas. I was out trying to reproduce a steering problem that my mom's outback is having, and I was whipping right hand nuts in a parking lot. Well, enough gas sloshed to one side of the tank, and the pump sucked air. Car was choking and sputtering for a bit.

So I went and filled it up:grin:

It's NEVER a good Idea to whip nuts... there are serious side effects to it. The choking & sputtering indicate just a moderate whipping, whereas swelling & a REALLY strange walk would indicate a severe whipping. Either way, you'd be reaching the upper rev ranges for a sustained period of time. This can produce high pitched squeaks.

I'm not sure what effect gas would have on whipping nuts, but I'd guess that it would allow it to be expelled very rapidly.

Yes that post title is enough to make one double over. Nonetheless whilst whipping nuts without much fuel it must be that the fuel pump suction pulls air. Perhaps a foam/baffled fuel cell would work better? Or a full tank. Even then whipping nuts should be done with great care.

Was this forward or reverse nut whipping?

mmm....Timmy's donits...

Another reason to invade adanac

nipper

Since Canadians are in fact Americans on rye, no invasion needed. Just paper work should be enough to put 9 more stars to your spangled banner... And, yes, a box of chocolate doughnuts to sweeten the pill.

Edit = :grin: , just in case...