Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My RX has made some speed!

So, the guy I work with in the performance end of the dealership was tuning a customers car, a stock turbo WRX (stock engine as well, but with a TBE and lalala basic bolt ons)...but, had all the sound deadening taken out, so it weighs in at 2700~2800 lbs.

We mostly tune on the street here, since the dealer is right next to the interstate...

I took the RX out, and with the permission of the owner, we did 2 3rd gear pulls just for comparison's sake, starting at 3k rpm.

Both pulls, I took the WRX by 1/2 car length from 3k to 5k, but from 5k on, the WRX takes me by about 2 car lengths pretty fast. I had the RX in hi range.

So...Id say against a stock weight WRX, I'd have him, but Id have to shift to 4th.

Water injection here I come!

I got a WRX today on the way home with my XT6...he got me at the start but I caught up to him in no time..and passed him with just a small fight...guy was cool though...we gave each other a smile and the shocker.. I no if we had more room he probably would have had me..but niether of us wanted to embarrass a fellow subaru-ist.

It is fun compairing our oldies to the new ones isnt it? :headbang:

I got a WRX today on the way home with my XT6...he got me at the start but I caught up to him in no time..and passed him with just a small fight...guy was cool though...we gave each other a smile and the shocker.. I no if we had more room he probably would have had me..but niether of us wanted to embarrass a fellow subaru-ist.

It is fun compairing our oldies to the new ones isnt it? :headbang:

sorry to burst your bubble, but my guess is he wasn't seriously racing you, or the turbo didn't spool in time ;)

always cool to try though, I always do anyway :-p

This thread is worthless without pictures...

I really hate some of the stupid acronyms people start to use.

how about an acronym "sticky?"

TTIWWOP was a rather obscure one, and I am normally pretty good at figuring them out. Some of them, like FTW, (for the win) you can get from context clues.. but alot of them are hard.

IIRC If I recall correctly

FWIW For What Its Worth

HTH hope this helps

IMO In My Opinion

and the perennial favorite,

IANAL I Am Not A Lawyer :banana: