Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I am such a Tease

Have to share another teaser..please excuse me for all this but I need the encouragement cause I have never tried to repaint an entire car...let alone go alittle fancy and 2 tone...I plan on adding a second coat tomorrow and after finishing the yellow...do you think I should throw on a couple layers of clear coat to protect the paint...since rattle can wont harden like true auto paint?

moreRockyPics014.jpg

moreRockyPics013.jpg

Oh no, sounds like we have a Phil's Cheese Wedge look-a-like here :lol:

Seriously though, looking good so far.

HAHA actually he gave me the idea...but I am putting a twist to the cheese wedge..I am going to have black stripes on the sides. Cant copy the cheese wedge completely you know.....but he should be honored that someone wants to modle thiers after his;)

The only thing i would worry about is Rockys plastic bumpers. If there is no flex additive in the paint then it will chip off in a hurry. Other than that minor detail its looking awesome..and yes clear coat that bad boy and then buff away :).

crystal clear acrylic enamal is great stuff, definatly worth the trouble. make sure you wait for a nice sunny day to spray it. spray it in a shaded spot until you get a nice deep coat on, then move it into the hot sun to get the bake effect. works real well.

looking good Connie!

That is looking GOOD!

This is also the PERFECT time of year to paint (IMHO) I always end up painting in the summer, and just when everything is nicely sprayed and turning glossy.....a friggin BUG will land in the middle of it and flop all over!:mad:

This time of year is nice. WARM + NO BUGS!:banana:

Rocky is lookin purty

:grin:

That is looking GOOD!

This is also the PERFECT time of year to paint (IMHO) I always end up painting in the summer, and just when everything is nicely sprayed and turning glossy.....a friggin BUG will land in the middle of it and flop all over!:mad:

This time of year is nice. WARM + NO BUGS!:banana:

Rocky is lookin purty

:grin:

I am doing it in the garge cause of wind and bugs..but last night right after shooting the hood I found a nice long hair stuck to it grrrr...its ok thought..the pics make it look good ...I just cant wait till its done..I just hope the vision in my head looks as good in the real

HAHA actually he gave me the idea...but I am putting a twist to the cheese wedge..I am going to have black stripes on the sides. Cant copy the cheese wedge completely you know.....but he should be honored that someone wants to modle thiers after his;)

I love it personally.....

100_0740.jpg

Now I just have to get crackin on those "Phil Fan Club" T shirts... Jeff said he needed one, and I know Rick needs on too.:banana:

I just love that car Phil...

I started shooting the yellow today....just on the rear part of the trunk lid ...its going to be hard to tell how it will turn out till its actually finiahed and I can pull all the tape off...keep your fingers crossed.

I need some of those pig stickers too..But I just got some awesome McBrat decals today

you have to be carefull when pulling of the masking tape, if you wait too long you'll "rip" the paint on the edges and it will be a ragged edge (NOT what you want) doo it too soon and you might pull some layers of paint with it

too bad I can't tell you exactly when too pull it off, just be carefull...

if it all goes wrong, wait a week, sand it down with very light wet sandpaper and then clear coat it, you might get away with it.