Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It feels weird being on this side of the board since I live in Old gen...but I just picked up my new addition to the stable. This is Pheebie (cause she was free) a 93 Impreza Sedan 5 spd AWD EJ18 226K on the clock....runs and drives amazing ( cept on bumpy turns ;) )...she needs rear shocks and some gas tank repair and some body work...I think she is so worth it and I feel in the very near future..she will make permanently retiring my 92 Loyale ( Bucky) bearable.

Anyway...here she is:

Pheebie001.jpg

Pheebie002.jpg

Pheebie003.jpg

Pheebie005.jpg

I think she is just the cutest thing!!! I fell in love with her on the 60 mile drive home...

I think she is just the cutest thing!!! I fell in love with her on the 60 mile drive home...

Right you are--she's absolutely darling! Body looks to be in pretty good condition. Well worth putting "in shape" for many miles of happy driving.

I don't know anything about EJ18s, but shoot--it's an EJ, quite understressed at that, so it's gotta' be okay.

Congratulations on the find (and the excellent price!)

It looks good. It would look even better though with some different slippers on it.

In time...want to fix the main stuff first..then worry about how she looks..she could use new belts ( are these as easy to do timing belts as EA82s??) and the rear shocks are a must..She definately brought a smile to my face.

nice score. rear suspension is easy on the impreza. just takes a bit of time, but very easy. reccomend kyb struts, the gr2 strusts give a decent ride, the kyb agx struts are really nice but spendy.

when you chance the belds, make sure you loosen the bolt on the front side of the tensioner before trying to move the adjustment bolt. i broke my a/c tentioner that way:dead: .

Brings back good memories. I bought one of the first Imprezas that came out. A 1993 Automatic Aegean Blue Impreza. The best car I ever had for reliablility. Traded it in for one of the first Foresters.

Check out the little horn buttons on the steering wheel. I remember my friends commenting about that and the side turn signals.

:grin: Geesh thanks Skip...now I am going to have to find me some rims like the ones you added to the pic. Might try and find the little wing too... going to replace the hood if I can find a straight red one at Harrys...and she needs some rear quarter rot fix..but she is solid...and fun to drive... I can't wait to get her done and start driving her.

You could tell her previous owner loved her too...gave her a kiss goodbye and was happy someone took her who was going to take care of her. He told me she saved his rear a few times.( Sounds to me like she has a heart like Old Bucky does.;) )

I am very very happy with her thats for sure

Don't buy the rims just yet ;^)

and a little wing

funny I was going to add one in the photochop.

For the hood, a real easy way is to add a small bra

(no panties) like my Imp has/had.

about 35 USD

arsebra.jpg