Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Look Ma!! No Daylight Anymore!!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Connie I finally got a chance to see the pictures. Wow did you do a great job. It looks so much better than the last time I saw it. Great job:clap:

Thanks Jess..like I said before..I couldnt have done it without you and Johns help with the welder ..I believe I have it completely water tight now ( filled holes with foam insulation..then coated with silicone sealer then heavy heavy undercoating on the exposed areas..inside layers and layers of fiberglass ..1 can each side..aluminum and the steel..then painted over)

I think Pheebs will be staying.. she is the most fuctional out of the 3 along with the easiest to get parts for...and she is AWD since the XT6 will never see snow or road salt again..and my Loyale is FWD and my new job is slightly over an hour away...and 3rd shift..I think the little Imp is the most practical of the bunch

Holy crap! :eek:

I just checked this thread..... looking GOOD!!!

:banana:

Thanks John..couldn't have done it without your skills though..I just buttoned it up..you did the major work ( note to self..once new job gets all settled and bills caught up..buy a welder;) )

Cookout2007002.jpg

..small note..bored..gave Pheebie a tune-up...WOW thought she ran good before...now I can't get the drain plug out..soaking it in PB Blaster.She desperately needs an oil change too

I think keeping Pheebie is the wisest move, as she will hopefully be as reliable as her twin sister "CeePee" that my daughter drives....

Do yourself a favor, asn go ahead and replace the valve cover gaskets and then the cam and crank seals as soon as you do the t-belt on her,(and maybe a new water pump while you're in there) then she should be good for quite a while:headbang:

No mattter what anyone says..the Impreza's are tough little cars...

I think keeping Pheebie is the wisest move, as she will hopefully be as reliable as her twin sister "CeePee" that my daughter drives....

Do yourself a favor, asn go ahead and replace the valve cover gaskets and then the cam and crank seals as soon as you do the t-belt on her,(and maybe a new water pump while you're in there) then she should be good for quite a while:headbang:

No mattter what anyone says..the Impreza's are tough little cars...

c i was going for sentamental value. I guess y put so much work in rocky or bucky if you were going to get rid of them. Just my op though

bEn

I do it because its my hobby and I enjoy it..and not to sound harsh..but it seems like you like to question everything I do... I shouldnt have to explain my actions.

Yes my wagon is very sentimental..my XT6 is a problem child..and my Imp is just a well behaved sweetheart.. I got the Imp for free and who is going to turn down a running driveable free car. I dont believe in just letting stuff sit and rot away..I try to take care of my stuff to the best of my ability and if I want to sell one off..I want to be able to sleep at night knowing that I didnt sell any hidden problem..Just the way I am

Originally Posted by Bucky92 I dont believe in just letting stuff sit and rot away..I try to take care of my stuff to the best of my ability and if I want to sell one off..I want to be able to sleep at night knowing that I didnt sell any hidden problem..Just the way I am

I'm the same way! I can't let anything sit and rot away! And i don't think i'd ever seel a car, I'd just keep it as long as posable. :)

Yeah you should really get a welder, That's what we need too! A good tac welder.

Just out of wondering, Did Shannon give you the pic's of those new wheel's you want for Buck?

Jumping the gun on that one, lol. They had three perfect H's on an xt turbo, but the fourth was one the exact point of impact, and under the car...

A local guy thinks he has some up on his hill, he's supposed to check for me tomorrow. If all else fails I know where a set of 84 4 spokes are.

For the record.....

- Connie DID feed me.

- I have a leash (darlingchip has that) :eek: JK

- as far as the "breaks" go..... Im housebroken. (despite popular opinion) :lol:

Man I have to keep him on a short leash.....I can teach him a trick and turn my back and he can forget that trick....If the leash was any longer he would be lost:eek:

as for the house broken that is yet to be determine.

My little welder can be rented for a small fee....the renter must have their own insurance....If any accident should happen when renting a welder please blame the welder and not the rental agency... Thank you for your business and have a good day