Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Should the 1992 EA82 pull a little to the right?

IDK it's not that bad! Like if you let go of the wheel it will slightly inch over! Nothing drastic! Did you see the cost of an alignment job. Plus i don't trust shop's with subarus! Do they know what there doing?

Is there something specific about a the process of aligning a subaru that is substantially more difficult than other makes and models?

This is a loaded question. I have done alignments on old school soobs and non soobs.

Yeah probely! Hey how hard would that be to do my self?

You can get it close yourself, getting it dead on perfect will be difficult. You've got to adjust the tie rod end on at least the right side.

I would honestly leave it to a shop, because they have the equipment to see how far out it is, and if its limited to one or both sides. And then get it straghtened out. I would only pay for a from wheel alignment. Most places will tell you they can't do the rear. Or tell you they did, but not touch it.

I dunno?? I thought there would be since the disk brakes are! You have to turn the piston in not push!

Thats not limited to subaru though. Cars with 4 wheel disc brakes and caliper activated e-brakes have the same system. Like all of the honda/acura lineup with 4 wheel disc are the same system, just on the rear.

86Bratman saidThats not limited to subaru though. Cars with 4 wheel disc brakes and caliper activated e-brakes have the same system. Like all of the honda/acura lineup with 4 wheel disc are the same system, just on the rear.

I dident know that! Crazy jap's! hahahaha!

Crazy jap's!

That is a very disrespectful and borderline racist comment. I'm not of Japanese origins, but I still find that extremely distasteful. To me, its up there with the 'N', 'K', 'W' and 'C' words. I understand what you mean, but there are much better ways of saying that; Crazy Japanese, Crazy Subaru/Honda/Accura designers, Crazy persons of Japanese origins that thought so kindly to design a car in such a fashion.

To answer your question, just go get it checked, if it needs alignment then get that done too.

Ive seen a few of your other posts and you should be a little more considerate; You'll end up going the route of BGD.

/agree

I'm going to suggest you stop posting for a while and read - get a feel for the place.

/agree

Very much so. It takes an awful lot to offend me. What you said here crossed that line, The Loyale.

In my eyes, you have the same red marks that appear on all of BGD's posts, and I will heed that warning for you from now on.

Is there something specific about a the process of aligning a subaru that is substantially more difficult than other makes and models?

This is a loaded question. I have done alignments on old school soobs and non soobs.

I swear to god you guys kill me are you ever going to give this kid a break lol:lol:

/agree

/agree

Very much so. It takes an awful lot to offend me. What you said here crossed that line, The Loyale.

In my eyes, you have the same red marks that appear on all of BGD's posts, and I will heed that warning for you from now on.

I would half to agree also though. I said some things on here before i knew some of these people alittle bit. I got a warning and listened up after that. I can understand your eagerness but these arent people who are 16. They work full time and fix there cars for work or fun whichever. Not many younger people are here. Understand that these folks are here to help you, me, eachother, etc... On a side note your spelling is quite bad. Im no spelling wiz but i would suggest that you check over what you wrote before you post it. These people are here to help you. Please dont burn that for yourself. You will regret it.

Ben

I would half to agree also though. I said some things on here before i knew some of these people alittle bit. I got a warning and listened up after that. I can understand your eagerness but these arent people who are 16. They work full time and fix there cars for work or fun whichever. Not many younger people are here. Understand that these folks are here to help you, me, eachother, etc... On a side note your spelling is quite bad. Im no spelling wiz but i would suggest that you check over what you wrote before you post it. These people are here to help you. Please dont burn that for yourself. You will regret it.

Ben

100% True. Granted im one of the younger members of this board but have been here for a while and now how to present my problems and ideas in a non-disrespectful manor like an adult. This is my passion outside of obtaining my business degree and Im not going to have some 16 year old start pissing in my cheerios or anyone elses.

Alot of your post to me, arent considered legit. Most take place right after one another; you've been here 5 months and have half the posts I do! Theres a quote that poises to be relevant: "A fool speaks because he can, A wise man speaks because there is something to say".

Kyle.

Okay. Back to the issue of alingment.

I would be hesitant to take it to a shop. They will tell you it needs new tierods, new ball joints, and possibly new struts, before they will aling it. Garaunteed they will want to change at least a ball joint or two. (it may need that stuff but you won't want to have them do it. $$$$$)

Here is what I do. And I've never had a problem.

Get 2 yardsticks from home depot, or steins garden or where ever. And a good marker. Park on flat ground, pointed dead straight. Drive back and forth a bit to get the wheel totally staright.

Now crawl under the car on you're back. Place the ends of the yardsticks, 1 each side, as far up and forward as you can on the inside lip of the rim. Hold them flat toghether, making sure you are holding them level and straight to eachother, and at the same relative spot on the rim each side. Mark a line where the sticks overlap. Now repaet this proceedure on the rear of the rim.

Compare the lines you marked. If the rear is shorter, adjust the toe in. If the rear is longer, adjust the toe out.

It only takes a small adjustment (1/4-1/2 turn) to make a good 1/4 in. change at the wheel. If you get the distances the same, but then you're steering wheel is turned while driving straight, then adjust an even amount(EX. left in, right out)on each side to get it back to center.