Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru 4wd mini van taxi in Vanuatu

Yeah thats right no Libero or the vans here, and we got no EA81 turbo cars either!! I am spewing bout that cause turbone has got a sweet looking black ea81 turbo coupe with the gold badging and pin stripes it is soooo coool!!!

Probably a reflection on our over regulated Australian society that we didnt get the mini vans or trucks. Or marketing which again makes me ponder as to why marketing boffins make these choices i mean is sherpa a more aussier appealing name them justy, Brumbies (the wild aussie horse) over brat I can see. L series over Loyale, legacy over Liberty - is that more aussie? And how do they determine what our market needs who decided on no mini vans? Why aren't we gonna get the new WRX as a sedan just the hatchbacks and why no diesel impressa here until 2009? Schweppes thinking too much about Subarus better go to bed! :-\

Sherpa and justy are two different cars - I had a KA6 for a while and it was TOTALLY different to the KM3 sherpa I had. its a good 5 " wider and 10" longer in the front.

libero - not here. suzuki ,honda and diahastu did sell here but not subaru. LEONE definitely. had 2 now.

Yeah I agree never heard of or seen the Libero here in oz. Leone is a common car in oz had a coupe once, wish I still had it!

What is the Justy then is that like the Fiora? Saw one of those bigger sherpas you talking about on ebay once, was yours a jap import?

Yeah I agree never heard of or seen the Libero here in oz. Leone is a common car in oz had a coupe once, wish I still had it!

What is the Justy then is that like the Fiora? Saw one of those bigger sherpas you talking about on ebay once, was yours a jap import?

justy is a J series car.nothing even related to the REX. I imported a 4wd RS justy in 2000 from NZ (it was a jap one NZ car didn't get A/C - mine had it.). - the EBAY one was blue and had frontal damage. it was mine - I ran out of funds to fix it and passed it onto a fellow who thought he could- ended up on ebay for $300 at last count- unsure what happened to it after that.

the fiori is the subaru REX. (as was the sherpa.) google subaru REX and you will find all sorts of cool Kei cars.

Small world eh i saw that car and thought it looked cool but there was no way that my other half would have let me get it. Thanks for the tips I will look up some of those other Subarus. I love learning see and when you said REX i thought you meant the aussie nickname for the WRX. So now I not clear what a REX is or a J series for that matter. Oh well more to learn!:-\

google both.

REX is the sherpa and fiori here in Oz. there was also a 1 generation one as well that no one got.

justy was available in 2wd,4wd and there was a turbo 4wd version as well (jap only.)

there are a lot of the parts that are shared between the justy and the sherpa - glass and doors are common, floor pan is similar but wider in the middle for the justy. some of the inner panels swap as well.

for some reason I know too much about these small cars..

as for the sambar versions - the later trucks had 4cyl S/charged engines in them. the earlier ones had a EF10s and EF12s (carbed and injected 3cyl) in them. considered buying a truck in NZ ans shipping it to Oz - but parts stopped the idea.

Yeah that's the one i'm talking about RXR! It looks kinda cool. I'd still take a Justy first!

Another thing is, did you know Suzuki took the Vivio idea and called it a Swift. I've seen pics of it. I can't remeber if its really called a Swift but Suzuki did take Subaru's idea!

Yeha susuki are veryn good at taking other cars and rebadging them. The swift is a Holden barina (which is really an Opel). And the suzuki ignis is a Holden cruze but with less 'stuff' - my bro says 'same platform' but it's not a Holden! maybe you mean the suzuki Baleno?