Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Surco safari roof rack post help for a Loyale wagon.

PS: I'm finaly making my dream come true! I wanted to have a Subaru that looked tuff. And able to go thru a Rainforest. But i don't live anywhere near a Rainforest. But atleast i'm getting my Roo looking cool!

I will some day put a 2" lift on it and some better tires! But little by little right.

go with a 4" lift:banana:

MAN that rack is pricey! I priced what I wanted and it was like $413 BEFORE getting bent over on the shipping! OMG!

looks sweet tho.:headbang:

sure is cheaper than a name brand one.....I was looking at a yakima load warrior setup before. this looks like it'll get the job done just as nicely, for a fraction the cost!

Yeah i know! I was really hooked on Yakima load worrior before i saw thins one! Yakima want's like $399 for the rack and then i would have to buy 2 posts for around $219 so it would have come to $520 or so!

Plus i think this one fit's the car style better. Look's more Safari/Aussie outback look! Ya know!:headbang:

I work for a bike shop and we sell a lot of yakima racks and I have used them before on my loyales. You need the Raingutter 1A towers which are pretty cheap now because not a lot of cars use them any more, dont get the Q towers because they cost more, also you could use the lowrider towers and take off the bottom parts and put them into the factory rack guides. go to a bike shop and try and get and old pair they have sitting around for cheap and then all you need is the cross bars ($55) and the rack. The advantage to using the yakima system is that then you can get mounts for anything from bikes to kayaks on your roof and its super solid, everything is REALLY tough. If you can find the right old parts it can prolly be done cheap too.

I would ask about the track mount if you can get a hold of them before you order it, it will be better for the car then jamming those things down into the raingutter. The track mount looks like it should bolt right into the rectangular pieces that the factory rack bolts to in the guides. It would be more solid too... see if they know if it will work.

Can anyone tell me what Rack posts will fit right into my OEM tracks? Because i would ask them but i have a feeling that if i tell them what vehicle i have they'll say we only see parts for SUV's..

So they probely won't even help me.. So can anyone help me out on which would work!:)http://everythingsuv.com/surco_safari_roof_racks-esuv.asp

Here's the link again.:)

Yeah a track mount would be better then the raingutter ones! I'll have to contact them and see what they say!

I'm talking about the Surco safari rack tho! Not Yakima!

nope, rain gutter is 10000x stronger! have you pushed on the roof of your car? those tracks are riveted through tin foil. I run the yakima raingutter system for my bikes. it's EXTREMELY strong. my buddy used a ratchet strap to put his spare tire on the roof to the stock racks, and it pulled the tracks right out of the roof. and now he has no spare, and has holes in the roof :eek:

Oh well ok then, Yeah i'm going to get a few other things but not at the same time. (I an't got the cash):lol: I'm just getting the rack, both mounts,

And after i get some more money i mite get that spare tire bracket. then i'll buy some lights somewhere. And mount those up there.

I'd like to see your Roo if you get that rack and sutch.. Later man.....