Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lookie what I found in a random search.

All I can say is that I would far rather have to deal with suspension and steering maintenance on this car:

EC5.JPG

Than on this car:

460802979_1c76dea758.jpg?v=0

how did he keep the camber from being all fershnicket???? and the wear on those tie rod ends and ball joints.... *shudder*

playing around with wheel offset is a tricky thing to do, and going that extreme should ONLY be done by those who know more about chassis engineering than I do... I know enough to keep myself out of trouble, and I know that suspension geometry is one area I need ALOT of education in to match up to the rest of my automotive performance knowledge hoard...

so to restate, Turbone's hatch FTW.

Eh, my repair today was to remove a broken lower shock mount bolt.

I guess it really didnt need to be removed....it fell out sometime last Sat when I went to the car show:-p

So all I needed to do was find a new bolt and take out a roll bushing from another shock and it was ready to rock again:headbang:

I'd love to see the suspension on all these jacked up scoobs without the wheels on.

attachment.php?attachmentid=4612&stc=1&d=1169424340

Wish to know more and see more of the green one!

That's actually an XT6 on toyota solid axles.

The green one is a Gen 1 (EA71) wagon with a standard 3" or 4" block lift. Not terribly common, but it's been done a few times. Mostly those are just rather rare in 4WD, underpowered (63 HP), and don't have a low range.

GD

The green one is actually a Hatch, like mine. But it is probably a EA71, unless its been upgraded.

It might take more than a weekend to do a lift like mine or the XT6 pictured. Unless you have mad fab skills:-p

Mine was worked on by 2 different previous owners, one of them the owner of that lifted XT6. Its pretty well built, as I havent tweaked it yet.

And I dont baby it when I go wheeling;)

Pretty sure GD was talking about the green wagon in the pic he quoted.. But, eh, I don't know.

Ah, ok......I see it now:-p My eyes are always looking at the XT6 and I forgot about the wagon behind it:rolleyes:

It was built by mtfabsman (Mike, the guy I bought my Hatch from) and he sold it to someone else. The car was from Eugene, Oregon and dont know if its still like this or not. He made it so the subframe could be removed and everything put back to stock running gear.

Heres a link to his for sale thread and link to his pics.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?p=359988#post359988