Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What do you think it's worth

I have an 82 Subaru GLF 2 door with 76800 original miles. It has had the following done to it in the last two years. Shocks,struts,wheels (wagon style powder coated the same color as the car) tires,rack n pinion steering, cv

joints,brakes and rear wheel cylinders. Car is in real good shape no rust or body damage perfect interior. Just tuned it up and had all the fluids changed. What do you think I could get for it. I have a picture of it in my photo section but it is the avatar pic. I had a hard time loading the org. photo, I guess the file was to big.

Need a better picture, and the stats on the car - auto/manual, 2WD/4WD, engine, etc.

There's not a whole lot of folks looking for EA81 coupe's - especially not the 2WD variety (which your's looks to be from the stance). It's all about finding someone that wants it - as EA81's go the desireability runs towards 4WD's, and mostly hatchbacks and Brat's.

If I had to put a price on it out here on the west coast I would say probably no more than $800 to $1000 - they aren't nearly as difficult to find as it might seem. A lot more on the easy coast - probably nearing the $2000 mark to the right buyer.

That's just my opinion though. I would say it's worth as much as any other reliable daily driver of similar vintage, but for comparison you can often find 90 to 94 Legacy's for around the same price or just a bit more - got my 94 wagon for $750 needing a water pump. So you really have to find someone that specifically wants a 2WD EA81 - that's a tough sell IMO.

GD

1k - 2k like GD said. the more you want to "get out of it", the more you're going to have to advertise - here, ebay, autotrader, subaru boards...keeping in mind you're looking for a particular kind of buyer, most people even here don't want an 82 or FWD. that it's a manual is a good thing for sure though...ebay being risky of course and the more patient you'll want to be. if you want to sell it quick, do not expect top dollar, it will take awhile to find a buyer that wants exactly what you have and nothing else and is willing to pay for it.

i would say $1250 is fair if its clean. although i do see them on west coast craigslists every now and then for $5-700 with higher miles but in nice shape. some people fight to get $250. it just depends on what kind of buyers you find.

there is a 86 coupe here thats 4wd 5sp with 33k miles and the guy wants $1500.