Ultimate Subaru Message Board

mixed transaxle oil with atf after rebuild and stupidly still used it in the auto transmission on95 gt wagon motors goin but no drive will this cause the problem the power light comes on at start up and shut down theres no drive or reverse what so ever how do i get the mixed oil out of torque converter:lol:

mixed transaxle oil with atf after rebuild and stupidly still used it in the auto transmission on95 gt wagon motors goin but no drive will this cause the problem the power light comes on at start up and shut down theres no drive or reverse what so ever how do i get the mixed oil out of torque converter:lol:

There's a drain plug on the bottom of the AT pan. Pull the plug, and drain out the transaxle oil/ ATF mix. This will drain out about 4 quarts, and leave prolly another 4 quarts still in the trany. Refill with ATF, and see if you can get some movement forward or reverse. If not, let car idle for a while. Maybe that will circulate the new ATF throughout the system to free up the torque converter. Regardless, it is prolly best to fill and drain the the AT about 4 times to rid the trany of transaxle oil. Hope this helps.

If the tranny is full, you wil get circullation inside the tranny. It will take 4 drain and fills to get everything out.

Sadly the oil may have damaged the clutches. The clutches are not desighned to hold up to oil in any large amounts. If the linkage moves preoperly, and you get no motion in any gear, the tranny may be dead.

nipper

You stated "after a tranny rebuild" which immediately made me think you broke the pump during the installation. Pull one of the lines going to the radiator and start the engine. No flow and you have another major problem. But if you have flow, just let the engine idle until the transmission is pumped dry.

Yikes that is not good for the AT, not good at all. Gear oil has a lot of sulfur and other EP additives which will proceed to attack various parts in the AT. It does however seem like the vehicle should at least move, though maybe not for long. Yes do you get fluid flow from the cooler line?

Yikes that is not good for the AT, not good at all. Gear oil has a lot of sulfur and other EP additives which will proceed to attack various parts in the AT. It does however seem like the vehicle should at least move, though maybe not for long. Yes do you get fluid flow from the cooler line?
havent checked have jus started draining

:lol:
havent checked have jus started draining

You stated "after a tranny rebuild" which immediately made me think you broke the pump during the installation. Pull one of the lines going to the radiator and start the engine. No flow and you have another major problem. But if you have flow, just let the engine idle until the transmission is pumped dry.
thank s 4 all the advice every 1 wat i did was use donor moter as old 1 was cooked the tras was fine if nothing wrks i have 5 speed out of 96 rs i could use any probs that u know of apart from the obvious

na no flow is that the pump is it will i have 2 drop mtr again 2 fix and how:dead:

no no flow