Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What's New Subaru Crew? or.. Anyone near Chadron, NE?

Been a while since I've been on the board. Seems like it's doing well. Jessica and I have moved to Chadron, Nebraska. All of our subies were practically given away except for the XT6 which I managed to get running. It made the whole 1200 miles after not running since '99!!! Ocassionally the check engine light would come on.. but as soon as I let off the gas pedal the check engine light would turn off. I haven't pulled the codes but I'm guessing TPS or wiring. I love how capable it is in the snow!!

We have been granted guardianship of Jessicas niece (Bella, 4) and nephew (Christian, 6.) Their b-days are in January so they are almost 5 and 7. What a handfull kids are!! Being thrown into parenting sure is a challenge. But it is definately not without its rewards. They are adorable little monsters! :clap: Christian loves Subarus (my influence) and he calls the Xt6 "The Robot Car." I think he thinks its a Transformer. :headbang:

Anyway.. if anyone is the area with Subarus I sure would like to know. Any meets around here or anyone needing mechanical service?

Anything terribly new with anyone in the last 6 months or year that I've been "MIA" (lazy.)?

Oh yeah there's Rapid City guys huh? I can't wait to check out the Black Hills.

ELI!!!! What the F man!?!?!?! NEBRASKA?? Could you move even farther from me next time?

How are you and Jessica doing? Hope the law didnt run you out of AZ. Sucks to hear you dont have the brat or SVX anymore. But its good to hear your still alive. Been worryin about you bro.

Hey B, it's only 5.5 hours more, and at least it's not too hot here for you.. we have 4-8 inches of snow outside right now!! Snow runs every day!!!:burnout: Nah man, the law didn't run me out of anywhere!! My parents bought this 8 acre "ranch" and wanted my help out here with the horses and building houses and whatnot. It's a pretty good little town and some good trails.. We're pretty much next door to a lot of forest service roads and a state park. I'm SOO bummed about the Brat.. you have no idea. All it needed was the drive shaft and the half axles and it was ready to go 5 spd lsd... The SVX I wasn't as sad about but it was 'totaled' and mostly paid off so it worked out.. the insurance was killing me. Still have the honda.. it's pretty worthless in this weather! Jessica and I are doing good.. we're still not married.. we spent a lot of money to be able to be in a position to take guardianship of these children. They deserve it though. Their home life was horrible! Anybody who thinks having kids changes your life, try taking two at once that are already on the edge of 5 and 7.. Yikes!

Cool, not too far from me now in Denver!

Id like to have a midwest meet just south of you at Carhenge. If you havent been down there you need to. Its just north of Alliance. Its in the middle of nowhere but there is a state park near by and would make for a fun place. Really neat at night to take weird photos.

Id like to have a midwest meet just south of you at Carhenge. If you havent been down there you need to. Its just north of Alliance. Its in the middle of nowhere but there is a state park near by and would make for a fun place. Really neat at night to take weird photos.

Yeah my dad cruised me by there when I first got up here. Pretty interesting. I didn't get to look around much it was "closed" while I Was there. I'm not sure what state park you are referring to but there is one literally across the highway from our road.. about 30 minutes north of Carhenge (10 miles south of Chadron.) Lots of lakes and forest roads and backroads and stuff. Maybe we should try and plan something for Spring/Summer.

• 2 weeks later...

"try taking two at once that are already on the edge of 5 and 7.. Yikes!"

Been there done that! They were 7 and 9 when I adopted them into my name, after their Mom and I got married that is. That was 95, I'm now a grandpa and have two more of my own! It's been an adventure that's for sure. Hey anyways I'm down in Laramie WY, probably the closest of anyone. Drop me a line or something. We occasionally go through that way on way back to S.D so I know right where your at.

if'n you find something to do.........

I once bought a blue subaru wagon on ebay for $1 from a seller in chadron, but he never came through on the deal

could you possibly rattle his cage for me?

for the state parks... do you need a trail permit, and a wood collecting permit?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not too far from Chadron, in Rapid City. I am constantly down there for work as well. I second the carhenge thing too, I have some good photos of it on my camera right now. Incidentally, if anyone wants to come tool around the Black Hills send me a pm. I know a few places and have a few friends that have an encyclopedic knowledge of this area. Depending on the day of the week I may be able to house as well.

As far as using the forest service roads they are all open and I don't know about needing any permits to drive on them. I think they are considered public. The actual state park it is required that you pay to use camping space. I think wood permits are $10 or $20 for like 4 cords of pine.. but you can only harvest from designated areas.

It's nice to see that there are a few people in the area. I definately would like to see some trails in the black hills some time. I see a good amount of ru's around here.. even a few ea81s and ea82s. I think I'm the only one in the area with an XT though.. and man do i get stared at. I can almost hear peoples thoughts "I remember the commercials for those things. I didn't think there were any of those around anymore."

He is an Air Medical Rescue Pilot and he saves lives. If anyone does crash at his place I am 40% certain that you will not wind up in small plastic bags in his freezer.

I'm not too far from Chadron, in Rapid City. I am constantly down there for work as well. I second the carhenge thing too, I have some good photos of it on my camera right now. Incidentally, if anyone wants to come tool around the Black Hills send me a pm. I know a few places and have a few friends that have an encyclopedic knowledge of this area. Depending on the day of the week I may be able to house as well.