Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I've got a little fessin' up to do.

Since I bought my Toyota (or as my Grampa from Boston used to pronounce it, "Tie-ata") I've kinda been knocking the capability of a Lifted Soobie in the offroad.

wcss04.jpg

Well, I took the Brat up to Reiters Pit a week ago and did some pretty gnarly stuff. I climbed a pretty friggin' hard hill climb, and then managed to get pretty high up under the powerlines trail in mud and 4-6 inches of snow. Brought it home unscathed, no bumps or bruises on the Brat.

Thought to myself, damn these really do wheel pretty good, I'd forgotten.

Yesterday I took it over to my old man's house and played in his field of muddy swampy bark. I was driving it around it front wheel drive untill it would get good and stuck, then putting it in 4WD and blasting out of being stuck. Haven't done it in a Soob for quite a while. I love my posi by the way.

Anyways, she's muddy again after all these years. I think she's happy.

And I am back to being a believer in just what a set of swampers can do when put on a Brat/Hatch/whatever.

blumud02.jpg

blumud03.jpg

bluemud_001.jpg

Yesterday I took it over to my old man's house and played in his field of muddy swampy bark. I was driving it around it front wheel drive untill it would get good and stuck, then putting it in 4WD and blasting out of being stuck.

So, if you do that in a toyota, don't your feet get muddy because you have to lock the hubs, if you forgot?

Johnson']So' date=' if you do that in a toyota, don't your feet get muddy because you have to lock the hubs, if you forgot?[/quote']

It would be easy enough to lock them first then slip it in and out of 4X. I do it at the cabin in the mud hole there.

I know kinda what you are feeling Zap... I tossed the jump pack on my XT6..threw in some gas and seafoam..started it up and took him out for a romp. I forgot what a blast that car is to drive...There was even snow on the ground and road salt:eek: ( and I promised Rocky he would never see that eveil stuff again) ..Didnt get him muddy like you did the Brat..but he is dirty. I have been just running my 08 Impreza Holly and raving about how awesome she is to drive..But something about Rockys bad clutch..noisy exhaust..and 20y/o design..too much fun..Gots to love our oldies along with our new ones.

Eric, I know how you feel. I really regret having to sell my pride and joy. I remember thinking to myself how unhappy I felt driving it off to its new owner. I just keep in mind that in the future I look forward to putting together a Brat with a 2.2, 3"lift, lsd and 5 spd d/r. It'll happen, but not until my son is out of college. Happy New Year to you.

Zap, i have some confessing to do myself. Since I got the toyota, ive been talkin sh%t about subaru's off-road. I dont have a lifted to bring me back to the light, but I keep telling Jibs he cant follow me anymore.

Im sure he'll try, and maybe he'll make a believer out of me yet. But its trails like this that make me worried:

DSC01190.JPG

-Brian

Word Zap. I know what you mean. I always drive past my mountain patrol and say to myself "damn what a beast!" I am planning on buying it back from him this summer. I just want it back soo bad. And he almost never drives it so its still the same as when i sold it to him. I just sold it to get my toyota but now I want it back!! I still give mad props to subies. Theres even a new lifted wagon in bozeman i spotted. Its a lifted EA82 with the same rims i had and some fatty 27in all terrains. Just makes me miss my lifted wagon

WTF? Why did I get a call? I tend to go up to Reiter pretty often with some of the guys at work (stock Bronco 2 with some 30's, a stock S-10 Blazer, a couple Toyotas and such)

I went up late in the day to look for Austin and Carl. Austin posted it days before, so you kinda did get a call. ;)

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=83235

I wasn't really interested in a group thing, just me and my dog and a little fun in the Brat.