Ultimate Subaru Message Board

where do you get your parts online?

I'm sure this has been covered ad nauseum here, however a search for the information proved fruitless for me.

Where do you buy your parts online? Please recommend someone who doesn't rape you on shipping charges.

I have done the typical google search, but at this point all the sites I've been on charge an arm and a leg for shipping.

I mean $12 freaking bucks to ship a pcv valve (that's just shipping)? No way.

I live 2.5 hours from the nearest dealer.

Thanks in advance.

1stsubaruparts is Mike Scarf Subaru in Auburn, WA. Ask for Jason in parts (tollfree, 866-528-5282). He is much better to deal with over the phone; I find their website way too slow and non-intuitive. I haven't found a better place for OEM parts or better prices for that matter.

1stsubaruparts is Mike Scarf Subaru in Auburn, WA. Ask for Jason in parts (tollfree, 866-528-5282). He is much better to deal with over the phone; I find their website way too slow and non-intuitive. I haven't found a better place for OEM parts or better prices for that matter.

1stSubaruParts is Walker's Renton Subaru in Renton. The one time I ordered from them they shipped very late, couldn't get the paperwork straight and wouldn't respond to my inquiry's as to why I got the wrong Tracking number until I threatened to chargeback due to lack of response. Jason at Mike Scarf Subaru is much better, kept me updated as to the status of backordered parts and when it was shipping. I've tried my local dealership as well and it takes them 4 days to rush overnight parts from Lafayette, Indiana to Chicago, and another day to figure out where they misplaced it. And they still wanted to charge me full price after all that! The other ones in the area just plain never respond to part inquirys.

Subaru honestly sucks for parts. I never had these kind of issues when working on my Hondas. I'd go back to Auburn, but it seems kinda silly for me to order from a dealer in WA when I know backordered parts are coming from 3 hours away from me. I wish I could find a reliable local dealer.

1stSubaruParts is Walker's Renton Subaru in Renton. I'd go back to Auburn, but it seems kinda silly for me to order from a dealer in WA when I know backordered parts are coming from 3 hours away from me.
Interesting. 1stsubaruparts.com used to be Auburn Subaru. They must have switched when Mike Scarf bought Auburn Subaru. I never noticed since I always call Jason anyway because the website is such a pain to navigate. Backordered parts come from wherever they can be found and I'd be ordering from Jason even if I still lived in NJ.

When you buy your parts from Subaru dealers selling parts online, try to buy more than just a pcv valve. I mean just to ship anything by ups these days is at least about $5-6. Order maybe two pcv valves, some air filters, a fuel filter, etc., rather than placing small orders frequently place larger orders less frequently.

My suggestion is find a good Subaru dealer selling parts online that is geographically close to you, that way it takes maybe two days to get your parts if they have them in stock (a good parts dealer will stock the common parts), or maybe three days if not in stock and the dealer is near a Subaru RDC - regional distribution center.

+1 for www.rockauto.com

if you're buying parts that don't need to be OEM (although they sometimes do carry OE parts), they're pretty consistantly the cheapest out there, and their customer service is awesome. if, for any reason, you end up having to call them for any reason, it rings a couple times, then an actual person picks up the phone and helps you out...really awesome.

~Erik~

Right on, just to be clear, Subaru OEM parts can be had only from Subaru dealers. There are tons of places online and even locally including your local autozone pepboys etc where you can find aftermarket parts.

rock auto actually carries the Subaru OEM pcv valve. I think maybe the fuel filter too, but not the air filter. They just forget to provide KY Jelly with the shipping on smallish orders.