Ultimate Subaru Message Board

An Update to all the 08 Imp Haters

I have had my 08 Imppy 2.5i 5dr since November..I have over 7500 miles on it already and love it more and more everyday.Its been problem free except for a paint chipping issue that Subaru has promised us a fix for by spring and they will take care of damages( we will see:rolleyes:). The motor broke in sweet and its quite peppy for your base model ..The suspension has settled in and it handles amazing..smooth and comfortable..hugs corners..I actualy think it can give my XT6 a run for its money on the twisties ( anyone who has owned an XT6 can tell you..they arent fast but not much can handle the turns like them).

I get compliments on this car almost everywhere I go and the support from Subaru has been terrific ..since we are the guinea pigs with this design. Any add ons are easy and dont require the dealer to do..I added the OEM splash guards and rock guard and installed them in minutes..

I am suprised that even though I have the light ivory interior..it seems to repell stains and dirt very well.

Cargo space is actually pretty darn good..I hauled a ton of stuff back from FL and still got 29-30 mpg highway..On average I get 27 mpg combined driving.

I drive just shy of 100miles a day to work and back and find ths car perfect for the job..the handeling in bad weather is just..OMG I never looked so forward for snow and get upset if its only a couple inches and the plows already went through,

Anyway..Pics of my Ugly car .

NewBabyTint001.jpg

With my XT6:

NewBaby017.jpg

Florida07008.jpg

Florida07004.jpg

Looks great and the mileage you are getting is excellent. I recently saw a sport grill on a 08 Impreza WRX, that I really liked. The dealer (Midlothian, VA) said it was an optional grill. Plain contoured black mesh in the middle with the Subaru emblem :) . Also, does Subaru make simple and elegant side strips for these as an option?

Looks great and the mileage you are getting is excellent. I recently saw a sport grill on a 08 Impreza WRX, that I really liked. The dealer (Midlothian, VA) said it was an optional grill. Plain contoured black mesh in the middle with the Subaru emblem :) . Also, does Subaru make simple and elegant side strips for these as an option?

Yup they do..I am thinking on getting both at a later date..The sport grill is super nice and the side molding is also color matched . You can basically order everything to color..the splash guard I put on..ordered to color.. I know the grill is in the excess of $230+ even on ebay..I havent priced the side moldings.

There has just been so much hate tossed at this redesign...me included..until I went and took one out for a test drive. I wanted a white Outback but the price was more then I could afford...I still have no regrets at all with my choice..and i look forward to keeping this for at least the next 10 years...BUT They are not a luxury car at all...there is very little sound deadening in them..they are noisey and the roof rack is known for a big part of it..but it can be removed and reinstalled in under 5 minutes. But the framed windows...I love the framed windows...no more water coming in at the car wash! no wind whistling at high speeds.

I love this car

The sport grill may be "a nice to have" item than is necessary at this time. The price is ridiculously high. The side strip may be worth it before someone carelessly puts a ding in a parking lot. They are redoing the Forester doors as well. Structurally, it has got to be a positive change.

What came down to my liking them is having to go to the dealer and drive the 08 WRX hatch. Wanted to drive the sedan but I figured I would have to try it out myself. I loved it after the test drive. I about ran the battery dead talking to my salesman buddy when I realized the lights don't go off with the key anymore. Just waiting on the STi to hit our part of the country and drive it...

Thats crazy for the sport grill. I am used to looking at the 84 honeycomb and just handing the guy $20.

The light do go off..as long as you take the key from the ignition..I leave mine on all the time..by accident:rolleyes:.

Yup the sports grill is rediculous..actually its something like $275 from the dealer..or $230 on ebay..:eek: Thats why I havent changed it yet.. Heck the Molded color matched splash guards were $95 and the rock guard ( not pictured..just put it on) is listed at $79..I got mine for $65 cause I know people. I just wish I could get the grill cheap:-\

im just bummed that it looks like a mazda 3

subaru could have done so much better with the styling

That's how i feel too. I think it's a good looking car, just not as 'unique' as the older gens. Too many other manufacturers with the same type of styling.

I guess what really counts is if it FEELS like a subaru.

Base model????

A 2.5 liter? Over here, we can have a 1.5 liter! :-\

Yes..over here the base is 2.5 ..we dont get many options it seems like the market over there does...Like I was suprised to see one member have D/R on his 07 Imp...LUCKY!!... Whats bad was when I ordered the car..It had to be located and brought down from another state cause at the time they didnt have any 5spds around...everyone wants AT:rolleyes:

Whats the HP on the 1.5s BTW??

If the new Imp DID look like that photoshop - we would all take the piss for it looking like a 350Z.

Personally im still a fan of the shape. Once you get over the "I CANT BELIEVE ITS NOT BUTTER!!...i mean mazda" feeling....its not such a bad car.

Not much point sticking a H6 in it tho - the STI model has enough kick to kill.

Really glad to hear your enjoying it. Just curious tho - what this paint chipping issue?