Ultimate Subaru Message Board

no seats no step on 86 brat

i dont want anybody to get me wrong i love love love my brat. i looked for years untill i found a brat. i live in pa and we really dont have any rustless brats. the one i just got came from tx. no that is awsome. no rust brat. just every time i look at that little step on the side. im like oooo so cool. im gonna put the seats in its just gonna take some fab work with the rack. so you say 85 was the last year. good to know.

There were too many law suits related to roll-over's so the seats were removed after 85.

They were then imported as trucks with the full tarrif of same. Subaru discontinued the Brat for the US market after 87 due to the high tarrif and the inability to bypass it with the seats - either way they were screwed out of any possible profit so they gave up.

Other countries got the Brat/Brumby/MV till 94.

The seats were bolted down with special anti-theft style bolts to a tube frame that was installed here in the US after they came off the boat. Only US models got the seats. Other countries got such diverse options as 2WD models, and Isreal (at least) got extended bed models for extra hauling. Most models in countries other than the US and AUS were actually 2WD. Lots of differences but the US was the only place that got the seats.

GD

sweet!!! thanx everybody for all the info. i love learning random facts. thank you for the offers. that sounds great. ill pm you. also im trying add pics for the first time. seems to be taking along time. anyway i have some pics of my new seats i put in:lol: they turned out so awsome. ill start a new thread for them.

Out of the 17 or 18 brats I've had only one of them had the seats in the back upon buying the brat. Evertime I go to sell any of them The pesron looking to buy them are all bumed out that the seats arn't there. followed by a do you know where Any are? I always say no I wish I did.

Jeff

Out of the 17 or 18 brats I've had only one of them had the seats in the back upon buying the brat. Evertime I go to sell any of them The pesron looking to buy them are all bumed out that the seats arn't there. followed by a do you know where Any are? I always say no I wish I did.

Jeff

so true. my first brat had them and this one dosnt. everybody is bummed that they cant go for rides in the back. ill get them i say.