Ultimate Subaru Message Board

For sell in town (where Subarus are rare) . Here's the description:

91 Subaru Legacy Station Wagon - $150

Real rough body. I hit a curb and bent the strut? on the back left wheel. Drove it from Flour Bluff to TC Auto on Airline, can't afford to get it fixed though. It's still at the mechanics, looking for someone to pick it up for cheap. Runs good, and drove real good before this. New Tires...

Things I need to know: if it's manual, if it's 2wd or 4 (because both were sold that year, correct?), odometer... what else matters for $150?

Then what would I do with it? I can afford the $150 but I doubt I afford whatever that shop wants to fix it. I could put that engine in my 88 GL, right? Maybe keep it as a backup engine. My GL is a sedan and I'd rather have a wagon though. Maybe just hold on to the wagon until I can fix it up.

Sorry for rambling on.

Just get it. I just got one for 200 bucks. I don't ever pass up a Subaru under 250. you can always use it for parts if worst comes to worst. I would go get it and fix 'er up.:banana:

Jeff

Um, is there like a clinical term for that disease? I have recently found myself in the mood of creating my own minerature Subaru salvage yard. Is there a support group for this??? :grin:

Those of us involved in music refer to it as GAS (Gear Acquistion Syndrome). Yeah, I've just got to have that synthesizer/guitar/(Subaru?)/whatever. :)

Oh man, yeah I've got that bad, 14 stringed instruments, three amps, a piano, assorted synthie stuffs...

So far only two subies and motorcycle. I would prolly have more vehicles too if it weren't for having to insure them all!:dead:

The Legacy I just bought makes for 10 subaru's that i own right now, And I still caught my self checking Craigslist for more. I quite drinking two years ago on Feb 28th so I think I repaced my drinking with buying Subaru's......Hello everyone my name is Jeff P. and I'm a Subaholic.

But anyways The car should be bought and save it for a rainy day. The best part is, Is that even if you have it there and you fix it up a little here and there you can sell it for a whole lot more in the long run. It would be a good investment if anything.

Jeff

91 legacys were both FWD and AWD...my 91 is FWD....

Prolly worth it if you have a place to store/fix up...I don't really have that luxury at present with a 2 car garage, 4 running vehicles and a city agreessive on vehicle code enforcement.

If you can afford it, you could prolly part it out for twice the price or fix it up and have a good running car if the damage is not too bad and some maintainance was done previously-my 91 has 291,500 miles and still my wifes daily driver....

91 legacys were both FWD and AWD...my 91 is FWD....

Prolly worth it if you have a place to store/fix up...I don't really have that luxury at present with a 2 car garage, 4 running vehicles and a city agreessive on vehicle code enforcement.

If you can afford it, you could prolly part it out for twice the price or fix it up and have a good running car if the damage is not too bad and some maintainance was done previously-my 91 has 291,500 miles and still my wifes daily driver....

A friend of mine had the agreessive on vehicle code enforcement problem.:mad:

After he removed the car he replaced it with a stack of refridgerators, drove the neighbors crazy. He long ago got rid of the fridges and now has a parts car there from time to time. No one says a word.:clap::grin:

$150 and it runs - GRAB it!

We currently have 8 Subarus here - 3 legacy's & 5 EA series - luckily we live in the boonies so no "city" to deal with! LOL

call it what you want - subaholic, subaruitis, whatever - once you are bitten there is no cure. :grin: