Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I didn't know you could put so much in a Subaru

That was what the attendant at the transfer station said.

I have always wanted to take a picture of my Subaru loaded with stuff. This time it was loaded for a trip to the dump. Mostly boards, plywood, doors and partcicle board. The inside was loaded almost to the ceiling.

In my opinion a Subaru with a roof rack is one of most versatile vehicles there is.

The bike rack is back on and iIt's all vacuumed on the inside no trace of what it went through.

post-3147-136027627753_thumb.jpg

I need to find and scan the pics I took of my Outback on my 10 day Oklahoma Paintball/Camping expedition I took last summer. Seats folded down and there wasn't a bit of space left floor to ceiling, or the front seats back, and it was sitting just as low as your wagon is.

Only managed a 25mpg average for the trip, when I usually get 28-29 on the highway.

That was what the attendant at the transfer station said.

I have always wanted to take a picture of my Subaru loaded with stuff. This time it was loaded for a trip to the dump. Mostly boards, plywood, doors and partcicle board. The inside was loaded almost to the ceiling.

In my opinion a Subaru with a roof rack is one of most versatile vehicles there is.

The bike rack is back on and iIt's all vacuumed on the inside no trace of what it went through.

I agree, but a Subaru with a utility trailer is even better. With a utility trailer you can carry full sheets of plywood, lawn tractors, almost anything you could put in a big pickup truck.

You can carry a full sheet of plywood if you put it on top of the strut towers. You can't close the hatch though.

I once carried a full size fridge. It barely went in with the hatch closed. If it had been a quarter inch longer, I dont think it would have fitted though.