Ultimate Subaru Message Board

00 OB lift kit pics

the_postie

Haven't dealt with it yet.New tyres come next week,will be dealing with it then.Can't see it being much of a problem as the rear has standard struts and springs and the lift has spaced everything it down equally so no change.The front with the raised springs shouldn't be a problem.

Whats the ramp over clearence measure?

Looks good, just need some MT's now :burnout:

don't know about ramp over,but it will now go up a set of car ramps with out having to put blocks of timber in front.

I thinking of making new links that adjust and quick disconnect.

This cars my tourer,big trip to alice springs and the finke rally in a couple of weeks.I've got my old wagon for the hardcore stuff.

Its a body lift. If done properly it should change geometry.

Are you going to do anything about the anti sway bar(s)?

I have to do that myself, but I've been told the bolts are a real beast to remove, and i have only noticed a slight change in handling. If I ever have to do the rear bushings then I will swap my radius bars in the rear to correct the sway bar angle.

• 7 months later...
Haven't dealt with it yet.New tyres come next week,will be dealing with it then.Can't see it being much of a problem as the rear has standard struts and springs and the lift has spaced everything it down equally so no change.The front with the raised springs shouldn't be a problem.

So going with the raised springs AND lift blocks, don't you need to do steering angle adjustments and engine mount lowering because of all the added height? I thought someone who'd done lift blocks AND king springs on a new gen had some steering linkage and brake line issues...

Looks very nice!! I like all the new gen lifted soobs down under. I think the board's starting to see some in the states, but you guys have the market there!!

Looking forward to pix with beefier tires! :headbang:

How big of tires could you fit on there, it doesn't look like there is much more room for anything bigger unless.........:Flame:zzz

Jeff

215/70 16 fit with no cutting. Could go bigger again though plastic trimming woul be required.The later gen one in the pic above is running 225/70 16

So going with the raised springs AND lift blocks, don't you need to do steering angle adjustments and engine mount lowering because of all the added height? I thought someone who'd done lift blocks AND king springs on a new gen had some steering linkage and brake line issues...

:headbang:

No steeering is no problem.The pitch rod needs to be lengthened,i had some spare ea ones which i cut to the right length so it looks factory.

The only prob re brakes was i pulled a abs sensor plug when lifting.Unclipped from the holder and plugged back in its fine.

• 6 months later...

revisiting old posts today...

Do you have updated pix with beefier tires, or are those the final tires on this rig?

Can you give some driving impressions of stock springs compared to raised scorpion springs?

I'm told they're WAY stiffer, like washboard road driving off road...

Interested in scorpion spring ride and raised spring ride..

thanks