Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Project Ramrod Spec C TWE Header Pics inside.

Patrick.. my memory kind of sucks sometimes. Is the motor on your wagon hosed? I have a couple of spares. By the time you get home, I will probably be done with EA82s.

Yeah brother, it is now. I just got back to the states a couple of days ago and my wagon has gone the way of the dinosaur, unfotunately for me.:dead::mad: So needless to say, I have been debating parting her out, which really sucks in itself considering that I had gathered a bunch of random parts and electronics to improve her.

-Patrick

• 1 year later...

This just in, I posted this on nasioc when the usmb was down, but anyways... my Scoobie is running on MEGASQUIRT II yay for me, its definately not to the driving point, but I was Soooooo fed up with the sensor troubles that my car is having... Right now its belching out thick nasty black smoke, because the things idling at 8.8:1 gotta tend to that!

I cant belive that my car is running on something that I soldered together, well I can, but its difficult.

I will keep updates posted, not that any of you are on the edge of your seats for the next update...

Friend of mine has a megasquirt setup in his 86 Gti with a 1.8t (I know... Boooooo!!) but after the tuning and some extra dyno tuning, makes great power (about 195hp fwhp) and reliable, no messing around with stock fuel injection, laptop tuning, data logging, etc. great setup, I was thinking if I ever built a turbo motor for my wagon that would be the way to go.

So far so good, I think my coolant temp sensor is freaking out, but the ms doesnt care about it for anything except warmup, so that can wait a bit. I finnaly got the thing to stop running super rich, and its idling halfway decent now.

Speaking of that, is subaru starting to drop off the support for GL-s and the like? I went both to 1stsubaru and subarugenuine, they have new catalogues and have nothing for my car anymore.

Oh yeah, and I drove the car around the block, while my bro in law tunes it. Great fun! the car sounds pissed off for some reason.

Ok ladies, since you are all waiting so impatiently... Jonathan and I are getting the car tuned, this thing under load is purring like a v150 (thats right something with 150 cylinders) ive never had my car so smooth under load, I expect to have the car legal and ready to rock within a month or so, hopefully sooner, but we all know how that goes :-\ And then comes the videos,

I am have some megasquirt woes. at first Warmup enrichment along with my CTS was just freaking out a little bit, but now the thing is on constantly. Sooo DIY is gonna have to help me out with that. Im sure they will. anywas, more updates to come. Oh and the car has been washed, first time in 6 months.

Jeeze guys, take it easy with the replys :lol:

I just recieved my PTP Turbo Blanky and Header Wrap for the car, Matt from DIY autotune is helping me figure out my MS issues! Hope to have the car on the road for real in a week or two.

• 1 month later...

Car is registered, Insured, claybar'ed and currently recieving a wax. My car is officially road worthy again!!!

Merkatroid helped me tune it some more, the car is running decent at stock boost with no intercooler. Time to figure out my Water to Air setup, and then push the boost up a tiny bit. And if it all works out. Videos will be posted. But only if the car doesnt blow up first.

Edited by beataru

I decided to post in here yet again. Well, along with my usual subie woes, the car demons have struck again. Were thinking that my front diff just went boom. I decided to give the car beans once on the way home, about a half mile from my house, and it pulled great, eased it into third and then it started, no loud noises, just the constant horrific booming/clunk and it sounds like its coming from the diff case.

I just got the car insured and registered, and the engine actually running very decent! and just started full time at college. This is how it goes i guess. Im not giving up, if it is indeed the diff, its either OBX front diff, or full AWD swap. Ill keep the few people that actually care posted in this forum, im still hoping its the front right axel, but it cant be. :-\

Wish me luck, and large sums of money since im out of it right now.

• Like 1

I hope it's the axle if it's not I hope there is a wreckers near by with an RX.

Its not an axle, definately not, I drained the fluid and a tooth popped out as soon as I took off the drain plug. So, I am about half way done with taking the tranny out. Im tired, and angry, the car is fighting me every step of the way.

Hope to have it out tomorrow. Then ill do a tear down and see what we got.

Someone send me the latest STI transmission please!!! for free. or just buy me a quaife sequential setup.

Pinion Shattered due to tremendous horsepower. Can you belive it? I broke stripped the freaking pinion gear. pictures to come when i get cleaned up. My transmission is toasted. How lame.

I think I have a car demon.

Welcome to the club!

Just replaced my RX trans not to long ago for the same reason.

If this one goes (or when it does) I'm swapping to a new gen trans.

Car is registered, Insured, claybar'ed and currently recieving a wax. My car is officially road worthy again!!!

Merkatroid helped me tune it some more, the car is running decent at stock boost with no intercooler. Time to figure out my Water to Air setup, and then push the boost up a tiny bit. And if it all works out. Videos will be posted. But only if the car doesnt blow up first.

Famous last words "only if the car doesnt blow up first." haha.

• 2 years later...

UPDATE! Car has New transmission in it. 2 weeks later. Car catches on fire today and burns engine compartment. Car going to wrecker sometime soon. Hate my subaru life!!!!!!! At least its out of my hair now. Even if it burned some of it off. 

Edited by beataru