Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 02 Outback wagon and for some reason the park lights will not turn off, even when the car is off. The swith in the emergency brake that controls the headlights works fine. I had to remove the fuse on a recent camping trip to get the park lights to go off.

Any ideas??

OK maybe subaru should consider putting the 'problem' in the owners manual because it happens often.

Poor guy going so far to take out the fuse. I've installed LEDs (because when parking outside residental area you need to use park lights if your pointing against the driving direction or if you are on the road) cause from time to time i have to leave them on all night.

OK maybe subaru should consider putting the 'problem' in the owners manual because it happens often.

Poor guy going so far to take out the fuse. I've installed LEDs (because when parking outside residental area you need to use park lights if your pointing against the driving direction or if you are on the road) cause from time to time i have to leave them on all night.

Actually, it is in the Owners Manual. . . But how many people actually read that anyway? For my '92, it is on page 14. Not sure about the later models :cool:

Actually, it is in the Owners Manual. . . But how many people actually read that anyway? For my '92, it is on page 14. Not sure about the later models :cool:

What is this re-ad thing you tlak about.

And isnt that there just to keep the glove box from rattling?

:rolleyes:

Closest I've come to that recently (say within the last two years) is accidentally hitting the thing in bright sun and not noticing that the parking lights were on when I left the car. I was only gon for a few hours, but it was dark enough to see the parks lights on when I got back. Luckily, I had a good battery. . . :lol: