Ultimate Subaru Message Board

just curious ea82t swap

Its a little more involved than that.

You need to swap out the engine crossmember, so the crossover pipe will clear. Also need to change the fuel pump and maybe the fuel lines.

Not to many (if any) folks have done a EA82T swap, because its hardly worth all the work.

hmmm, the thing is im poor, and i can get this whole XT for about the price of an EJ adapter kit, and im just venturing a guess but i think the harness stuff would be much easier going to EA rather than EJ. any ideas or am i way off base on my guess.

just my 2 cents.....youd be better off finding a turbo car with a blown head gasket or other engine probs and switching the XT engine into it. Should be very easy to find one of those cheap.

the ea82t is a fun engine when you get it running rght. my rx is nuts, what can i say.

but yeah, if youcan get the whole car, then you will have everything you need. the hardest part will be the wiring, just plan on spending a fair amount of time in the harness.

like was said before, you will need the turbo engine cross memeber, the ecu, the wiring harness, and all the accesories and sensors for the turbo set up.

btw, i am doing this swap into my brat.

hmmm, the thing is im poor, and i can get this whole XT for about the price of an EJ adapter kit, and im just venturing a guess but i think the harness stuff would be much easier going to EA rather than EJ. any ideas or am i way off base on my guess.

If you decide against going with the EA82T could you give me some info on it? I live in Michigan and have a 86 GL Turbo with a EA81 in it and would like to put the right engine back into it. Thanks in advance.

You'll get a +1 on the EA82T being the wrong "swap" engine. SPFI loyale is like 90 HP and the EA-T is 110 or so depending on version. It also likes to blow up. The early EJ22 wiring harness is very simple... no worse then the SPFI harness.. and it's 130 HP and reliable.

My advice, don't waste you time on 20 HP for a demon.... and not the good kind at that.