Ultimate Subaru Message Board

brat rear seat laws

I think the laws state if the car came with them (meaning 85 or older Brat, not 86/87) the VIN door jamb plate says its a 4 passenger vehicle, and there is not a single thing saying you can't ride back there, with seatbelts buckled of course.

You cannot legally put jumpseats in the back of a 86/87 and have that go as being legal, cause those the door jamb will say 2 passenger vehicle.

is it legal to have people ride in the back of a brat if it has seats and seatbelts in Oregon.

Rear passenger laws differ from state to state. You will need to check local ordinances to be sure. I know they banned rear passengers in a lot of states. With or without seats and belts. Too many injuries and deaths.

Thermal, I know on my side of the river (WA side) the laws say that as long as all seat belts are full, people can ride in the back of pickup type vehicles without a seat belt as long as they are 16 or older.

I'll try to find the WRC for you...

Depends on whether or not you like people puking in the back of your brat. :)

Im pretty sure they are grandfathered in as long as they left the factory with them in. Whether or not you get hassled by local police is another matter.

• 1 month later...