Ultimate Subaru Message Board

COOL WHEELS they're hard to get now days

Ok,1st off I am kind of boasting,but im equally interested in knowing how many of these wheels are still around??????:confused:

I bought the first pair from MEEKYMOOSE,when I drove from Springfield Missouri,to West Point Virginia,to tow tow "ROXY"home whe I bought her from (NUG) july 07

Even in Wash,Or,Id,Ut, and abroad, I have NOT seen these wheels.

I searched the web in alot of countries,for hours and found very little. I know they are from Germany from "Atiwe" in the 80's

Some of you wanted these wheels, TURBONE(Rob),(ED),And others that I remember, but, BROWN_MUSCLE would not ship them,

COBCOB,found the wheels on a thread,after the prevoius owners mom gave the car away to be junked.?? we thought they were gone forever, and we were sick over it.

The maroon ea81 wagon surfaced again with BROWN_MUSCLE, AND HAS NOW been sold to a new member?????not sure who,but it was pretty sweet wagon,and Phil says he is good people and will pamper/cherry out the old wagon.

Now,COBCOB and I both have the only 2 sets of wheels these 14 inch wheels "that we know of" in the community/country? please correct if you know?

His,on his BRATILLA"have killer street tires,and mine on "lifted ROXY" RX 225/70/14s BRIDGESTONE DUELER APT . they are still yet to be put on when I get home in a few :banana:days.

$400.00 Picked up in New Jersey in person.

Does anyone else Know were there are any others?

here are some pics.

BROWN-MUSCLE in person delivered these in his 2000 outback wagon,,SWEET. THANKS AGAIN Phil !!!!!

picture.php?albumid=134&pictureid=1092

picture.php?albumid=134&pictureid=1093

picture.php?albumid=134&pictureid=1098

picture.php?albumid=134&pictureid=1099

picture.php?albumid=134&pictureid=1100

Edited by mykingcrab

Tom, those aren't standard 8 spoke wagons or flatface pugs, they're a 14" alloy which was an option in Europe. They have locking center covers with SUBARU embossed in them... As mykingcrab mentioned we believe there are only 2 sets in the US.

Here's a close up of one on my Brat...

IMG_0396-1.jpg

Edited by cobcob

Hey those are cool! Dunno how many sets are still around, but I know a few people on here have them. :)

May I ask what the name of those Bridgestones are? Look kinda meaty.

-Tom

They are BRIDGESTONE DUELER APT 225/70/14..

Thnx

COBCOB's, right,they were an option on xt's in Europe recently discovered Latin America per(LOYALE 2.7 TURBO) in the 80's,,,,,,,,, I dont think there are Many left. ?

"joostvdw" a member in holland said that he had saw 1 set on a car year ago, I searched the ebay in several countries, and found nothing for sale. I found the company in Germany,they sold the wheel division years ago. They make steering wheels and interior products for porsche,and others.

Edited by mykingcrab

...was an option in Europe. ...

Not Only in Europe, some of them came here to Latin America but very Few on a Limited Edition "Luxury" Package that was Available here, in my Country too... Because the Source of our Subarus are not "Subaru of America" They comes directly from Japan and Always have been like That.

I Saw here a Red Luxury Edition AWD EA82 Turbo Coupe with Those Rims; I Saw it Parked at the Dealer`s Parts Shop some time Ago, when I Went to Buy a Radiator Hose... (and I have seen it riding in the Streets of Capital City sometimes) ...I Asked the Owner about the Rims and other Things and he Told me that Everything came Stock.

so who has the set that were off this Brat....

http://www.indysworld.com/80s/general/wheels/wheels.html#soob14

I think I've got the only set of the Chome 14" Rallys in the US...

Wow, Mick, I saw those on the http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=97227

on the 85 lifted brat. man, Ive never seen another pair of those either, man thats awsome!!!!!!

Were did you find them???????? thats One of the nicest brats ive ever seen.

The brat with the the Wheels is COBCOB'S 82

We traded, he installed x-California Highway Patrol federal signal light bar/siren on to my Golf cart, built a fuse panel/relay panel,and multi-lighted switches, he is a master of many trades!!!!

LOYAL 2.7 TURBO,he said they went to latan countries also,stock from the SUBARU,In a luxury package ea82 turbo car? awsome info.!!!!!!!

That link goes to the wheels page Mick... Which Brat are you talking about?

the wheels you guys have is on the page....

soob-14-alloy2.jpg

This pic was from a long time ago, and they were mounted on a Brat.....

I think one of you has this set now....

as far as my wheels, I think got them from SVXpert some time ago... He had access to lots of Rally type stuff like that from overseas....

hey Mick,I would love to come up there but need to check time off closer to the date. I recently bought an 88 Pace Arrow 32 ft, it would be a blast

Man those wheels are beautifull,and look great on the brat..........

on the wheels, Thanks for that good close up, I can see (in ms paint) enlarged the pattern of clearcoat ware on the spoke to the left of the valve stem,and tonight,I will examine them each for the patters in the pics.

both sets are from the east coast.

Who owened the maroon wagon? before BROWN_MUSCLE???????

There was a thread were the member painted the interior red/black,,, looked good. anyone remember???

Ill do some searching. thanks

Edited by mykingcrab

who owened the maroon wagon? Before brown_muscle???????

There was a thread were the member painted the interior red/black,,, looked good. Anyone remember???

goobaroo!

He got them from PHATBRAT... Where PHATBRAT got them I don't know

Edited by cobcob

I see, yea those are pretty rare too, Id be trying to buy them too!:lol:

ive seen enkie 13's but never 14's with the exception to the wheel page.

MCBRAT has the super rare rally's. alauminum finish is rare period,, but chromies have to be impossable to find.:confused: atleast in america.

Edited by mykingcrab

enkei-14-gold-silver.jpg

Does(Rob) TURBONE Have these ENKIE 14's on that rare black RX coupe?????

k now I like these, but those others y'all are going on about are kind of ugly.

sorry I know they are rare, and whatnot... but so is one of these

motoring-graphics-2_842328a.jpg

k now I like these, but those others y'all are going on about are kind of ugly.

sorry I know they are rare, and whatnot... but so is one of these

motoring-graphics-2_842328a.jpg

Lol, a Citroen R something? Almost looks like an older version of the Oltcit club LMAO! Doesn't look to bad, get better tires on it :headbang:

Tom

Edited by TheLoyale