Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Finaly Lifted!

TheLoyale

Well it took a week, but today I just finished the rear and now the lift is complete, I am sooo happy! Looks good, my rear wheels don't hit anymore and alot of people look now Lol! It also rides a bit better, it floats over the smaller bumps/cracks now (I think the lift brackets are taking more of the impact before it reachs the subframe/strut towers) So very nice indeed!

I will post up the picture sometime tomorrow, I have some of during the build and after. I have to get out on a dead road and take some good pictures.

Cheers,

-Tom :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:headbang:Sweet! I know your going to get them for us soon but .....

worthless_thread_without_pics.gif

I guess not having the pics up yet means unlike me, you actually have a life! :popcorn:

Lol thats cool!

I would upload them tonight, but I'm beat (Got up at 9am) I am not really a morning person (Unless I stay up Hehe) I've been wenchin' on the since 11am till 3pm. and I took it to work!! Been riving a '99 Blazer for the past week. Its not bad, but its not a Subaru.

I like pulling up/parking next to Civics and such Haha! I even make some SUVs look low. I have exactly 12" under the rear diff now (have picture to prove it) I dunno what the center or front is (Most likly more)

Anyhoo I have a life like we all do, and its six letters *Subaru* :P

I know, I sorry guys I'll move my rump roast Haha!

Bill, c'mon do ya have any new pictures of it? Oh well its always good to look at :grin:

Scott, yea you have a picture of the white one on your site. Looks cool. Ooo D-rings!! btw, that red/maroon wagon looks like Jeff's?

Alrighty, I'll get going a get som pictures upload and posted. give me a few hours Lol.

Alrightyroo!! Here are pictures! you ask for them you got them, I can't stop posting pics lol..

Front Lift:

2009_0628Test0015.jpg

Front with blocks inplace.

2009_0709Test0001.jpg

2009_0709Test0005.jpg

2009_0709Test0007.jpg

Back on the ground!

2009_0709Test0009.jpg

OK rear lift:

2009_0711Test0001.jpg

I turned the entire shock around, not just the top bracket (Didn't want to touch the bolt on top of the shock.

2009_0711Test0002.jpg

Plates inplace, but loose.

2009_0711Test0004.jpg

And now for the whole car!

2009_0711Test0005.jpg

2009_0711Test0006.jpg

2009_0711Test0007.jpg

12" under rear diff.

2009_0711Test0008.jpg

2009_0711Test0010.jpg

2009_0711Test0011.jpg

2009_0711Test0012.jpg

2009_0711Test0013.jpg

There, Sorry I didn't get better pictures. I'll go on a B-class road soon and take some picutres. I'm really happy I got it all done, Thanks to the people on here and my Dad for holding and pushing when needed!

-Tom :banana:

Lol thats cool!

I would upload them tonight, but I'm beat (Got up at 9am) I am not really a morning person (Unless I stay up Hehe) I've been wenchin' on the since 11am till 3pm. and I took it to work!! Been riving a '99 Blazer for the past week. Its not bad, but its not a Subaru.

I like pulling up/parking next to Civics and such Haha! I even make some SUVs look low. I have exactly 12" under the rear diff now (have picture to prove it) I dunno what the center or front is (Most likly more)

Anyhoo I have a life like we all do, and its six letters *Subaru* :P

Yes, hehe good one, I have to admit tho my Subie has been neglected a bit for some hunting toys, but hey, they do go together well :Flame:

And nice lift!!!! :slobber::slobber::slobber: very clean, wish I had done it that way with mine, maybe I wouldn't be doing some much rust removal now .. :banghead: Montana was spoiling me ... now been back in Oregon for a while and all the rust is going like crazy. :eek:

Now I just gotta wait on the POR 15 to cure ... :rolleyes:

Edited by FlyB0y

Thank you all!

Rob, yea like Jeff said I need a D/R 5spd (its a 3spd now) that would rock though!

Diablo, Oh do I wish.. I don't know where I can get some action shots, I would like to go trail riding with other Soob people but their arn't many in WI :(

Bill, Yea I was suppried when I first got the new wheels. and now it just looks more proportioned, plus the rear wheels don't hit anymore! :banana: Hope you get the Beast going again soon!

Jeff, yes +1 indeed! The car does have some small dents (Dings, I guess) But thank you :)

Flyboy, I used POR-15 on the rear wheel wells. I cleaned them down to almost bare metel and then applied it (Seems to work) I need to finish the entire underside and the front wells someday. I also need paint for my front fenders (Again) its been flaking off :confused:

Brian, Thank you. yes I feel more confident now. Its not that I wasn't, its just I never did this before and ya know lol. I mean I did t-belts/oil pump/cam seals a year ago. So I have confidence, I'm just happy no bolts broke doing the lift, the real scare was the rear bolts (They screw into a block welded onto the well) if the bolts break them I'm, well you know.

Again thanks for all the comments, Its awesome driving a lifted Subaru. a car full of kids were talking to me tonight at Wally world. One asked if I had a lift Lol (I said yea, 2") he said cool.. And damn, everyone I drive past look at me :rolleyes: But its fun :)

-Tom

Im an attention whore tom. You have me convinced. How much did your 2inch lift cost.

Lol, SO now I have to come to IA next year hmm? :lol:

it was $300 with shipping, whats funny is the shipping cost was $9 (said on box) but it says on SJR.com that $20 will be needed for shipping :-\ Lol but I don't care, just something I noticed.

-Tom