Ultimate Subaru Message Board

• 2 months later...
Ya when i do it I'll be running the revtronix stage 2 chip with a TD04-16G, I've already put the turbo, intercooler, HKS filter in and it's running like crap. I'm just waiting for money for the chip so i can put on my exhaust and STI injectors.

Should pull nicely when running with no vacuum leaks, on my car I have the same setup except 440's, and I am running completely stock exhaust and both resonators in place. The power is intermitent doesn't always pull perfectly. although I was told i might have low compression in my motor so doing a motor swap :) Regardless for the while it was working good, it pulled like hell on the highway was very good too. I think the IC has a speed rating though. After so much speed it is like hitting a brick wall if I understand correctly.

Put together a little spreadsheet that will calculate the theoretical top speed.

http://main.experiencetherave.com/subaru/techinfo/legacy_speed_calculator.xls

From my own experience in my Legacy, I think these may be a little inflated. While I was AT & FWD, each gear would give about a 40 mph increase in speed. But you can use this to estimate a top speed. You can change the engine RPM and rev / mile numbers and that will update the spreadsheet.

4eat turbo leg 91-94 is quite alot faster than the 5mt turbo of same era,

and quite i mean about 20mph higher.

I have owned 3 ej22t factory cars (1992 turbo sport sedan 5mt, 1993 turbo sport sedan 4eat, 1994 legacy turbo wagon 4eat) no way i would go top end wager on the 5mt. I would bet on the 4eat hands down all the time on this one. 4eat no prob geting to 140 i had to shut it down to fast for road, but easy EASY cake to get that speed, wheras 5mt pushed to get to about 125.

thats all

Edited by bheinen74

4eat turbo leg 91-94 is quite alot faster than the 5mt turbo of same era,

and quite i mean about 20mph higher.

I have owned 3 ej22t factory cars (1992 turbo sport sedan 5mt, 1993 turbo sport sedan 4eat, 1994 legacy turbo wagon 4eat) no way i would go top end wager on the 5mt. I would bet on the 4eat hands down all the time on this one. 4eat no prob geting to 140 i had to shut it down to fast for road, but easy EASY cake to get that speed, wheras 5mt pushed to get to about 125.

thats all

also has alot more rotating mass in the torque converter probably with auto.

So I'll prob have to re-gear? I'm assuming when you guys topped out yours it just ran out of RPMs?

Also Ericem what's the downside of not running you're bigger downpipe and Exhaust? I've got the downpipe but I just don't wanna put it on till I'm ready to put the rest of the exhaust on, but I want my car to run better than it is right now.

Wait that Brat that you're selling possibly? That Brat that also doesn't have a sweet cyclops light, like mine does, Glenn? ;)

But no I know the DP won't make it go any faster but it will give me about 15 to the wheels DP alone, I'm just trying to figure out if I'll need to get a diff trans/re-gear or get a speed limiter delete.

Wait that Brat that you're selling possibly? That Brat that also doesn't have a sweet cyclops light, like mine does, Glenn? ;)

But no I know the DP won't make it go any faster but it will give me about 15 to the wheels DP alone, I'm just trying to figure out if I'll need to get a diff trans/re-gear or get a speed limiter delete.

lol we just said there is no speed limiter. And the stock auto tranny should hit 140mph.