Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Replaced the rear stay bushing for the shifter, the tranny mounts with STi mounts, and installed a short throw shifter on my parents' Outback. Wow, what a difference! No more bouncing shifter while getting on and off the throttle and far less slop in the shifter either.:banana:

Working on why it wouldn't start, no fuel, no spark....checked coil, bad Ohm so replaced it, distributor rotor and distributor ...still didn't start. Checked fuel pump, not getting voltage....after all that (and joining USMB) figured out the timing belts are bad, yea way bad. Have a set on order; hope the weather stays nice this week in Idaho.

Edited by Crofty65

The only models to offer the EA82 were the 1985-94:

Loyale/GL/DL Sedans and Wagons (Not Hatchs)

RX 3-door coupe and 4-door Sedans

The hatch had the EA81 up untill '89 or whenever the last Hatch was made (Varies per country)

Even wierder, the STD hatch was a 1.6. It was a turd and I loved it! The other hatches were 1.8

No a/c, crank windows, no accessories to speak of, just a stripped down hatch, got 38 mpg if you babied it.

Today my 91 Loyale received a 2 1/2 inch muffler on the stock exhaust. In the last week, I've added a 1 farad capacitor and hard wired my 400 watt inverter. Other than that in the last 2 years I have pretty much just put gas in it. 90600 miles and still kicking along nice. NA ea-82 2wd

Edited by donnieru

SHE RUNS!

LuLu, my 1984 Subaru DL Sedan ran today. Purred like a kitten...

Well, the exhaust was off so more like she roared like a lion :lol:

But Im very happy.

She went 155k on her EA71 engine before the rod knock made GD and I think of swapping out the engine. When we pulled her original engine, we found it was an EA71, not the EA81 that we thought, so now its replaced and here soon she will drive back home to Hillsboro...

SHE RUNS!

LuLu, my 1984 Subaru DL Sedan ran today. Purred like a kitten...

Well, the exhaust was off so more like she roared like a lion :lol:

But Im very happy.

She went 155k on her EA71 engine before the rod knock made GD and I think of swapping out the engine. When we pulled her original engine, we found it was an EA71, not the EA81 that we thought, so now its replaced and here soon she will drive back home to Hillsboro...

wow, that car is so clean? any known reason why it 'sploded? :eek:

at least she runs and drives again! glad to hear that! :)

Could I Ask with Which engine did you Replaced the EA71?

Another EA71 or a EA81?

Kind Regards.

To answer that, I replaced it with an EA81. We had one laying around that just needed cleaned up, had about 170k miles (my EA71 had 155k) so it was pretty close.

She rides smoother now, whole new car... Even shifts better (4WD clutch in 2WD car)

wow, that car is so clean? any known reason why it 'sploded? :eek:

at least she runs and drives again! glad to hear that! :)

Abuse most likely... I didnt notice it when I bought it, but when we did maintenance, first start up had a pretty audible knock and then even after it warmed up we still hurt it.

Didnt explode yet, but we want to tear into the engine and find out what made it knock

sorta reminds me of my lifter tick that makes my wagon sound like a bada*S lawnmower only mines bout to splode lol.

still havent done cv shaft but, i tinted the tails on it :banana: some day ill actually have to take pictures and figure out how to post them here.... some day...