Ultimate Subaru Message Board

FINALLY!! found the one I've been looking for.

obk25xt

Loven the rex wheels along with the mudflap extensions! Keep up the good work!

-SB

Thanks! I added the extensions a couple weeks ago. They're made out of "draft curtain" material, same stuff used in the doorways of walk in coolers etc. I acquired a bunch of off a job I'm workin on. I think I'm gonna make flaps for my lifted soob next! The stuff is super soft and flexible should hold up well. If anyone is interested in some I'm willing to share! :banana:

glad to see u got the swap done it looks awesome man

Thanks buddy, I'm glad your car is back on the road for you also. I got the swap done ya, but not done at the same time. Now I'm having alignment issues, I couldn't get the camber right and I figured out why. Looks like one of the xt6 control arms is a little tweaked.... Grrr... It went totally unnoticed at first but after double triple checking everything and taking measurements i noticed why. So it looks like I'l be reaming an ea82 one to accept the larger ball joint and then, it should be *done*.

• 1 month later...
Somebody was parking that Loyale in a GARAGE on a regular basis. You can tell by looking at the body. Nice one. Very nice.

It still gets regularly garaged when I'm not daily driving it. I treat this thing better then my Outback XT. Weird I know, but truth is I enjoy the Loyale more!

Couple more updates for anyone interested. Found a correct color highrise center console and installed it.

Also.... New lugnuts!! Lemme know your opinion please.

Console before

IMG_1849.jpg

And after

IMG_1853.jpg

And the lugs

IMG_1865.jpg

IMG_1866.jpg

Edited by obk25xt

That thing looks awesome. I'd love to do this kind of project someday

Thanks! I've enjoyed almost every minute of this thing. I think at this rate other than some minor suspension tweaking the next step is FRANKENMOTOR!! :headbang:

I want a Forester like you've got pictured in your avatar, I'd give my Outback XT up for one of those.....

Edited by obk25xt

Thanks! I've enjoyed almost every minute of this thing. I think at this rate other than some minor suspension tweaking the next step is FRANKENMOTER!! :headbang:

I want a Forester like you've got pictured in your avatar, I'd give my Outback XT up for one of those.....

Frankenmotor would be sweet!! Thanks. My Forester is a ton of fun. I'm running STi stage 2 right now, with lots of other mods as well. It's an on going project as yours is......

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate,

Congrats for your car. You defintly got a sexy beast there and love the amber, like you said makes it stand out.

I wanted to ask you, Do you know from what model does the highrise center console come from. I'm very keen on a grey one:)

Thx

Hi mate,

Congrats for your car. You defintly got a sexy beast there and love the amber, like you said makes it stand out.

I wanted to ask you, Do you know from what model does the highrise center console come from. I'm very keen on a grey one:)

Thx

Thanks for the compliments! As for the console it comes from a Loyale with the automatic seatbelts (shoulder harness). Here I think they only made them for 1992-93 but I'm not 100% sure on that.

• 4 weeks later...

Added yet another cool thing to my car. I have owned/seen/been around a large amount of ea82 series vehicles and until just the other day at picknpull had NEVER seen one of these..... It's stamped with a fuji symbol so I assume it was something you could buy from the dealer back in the day? I dunno....

With out further ado, my "new" lower valance trim (can't quite call it an airdam:-\)....

IMG_2043.jpg

IMG_2044.jpg

• 1 month later...

Nice, First time I see one of them. Definitely makes the car special and one of a kind. Keen to see what you come up with next:)

Btw, was wandering if you could help, I'm after one of them, http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=120914

Plz let me know if you come across one when you go at the wreckers.

Thx

P.s I found myself a hi-rise console:cool:

thx for the help

Nice ride mate! I'm into lifting, not lowering, either way it shows how versatile these subarus really are.

The way it came home to you is pretty much the same as how mine arrived home - except the steering wheel is on the other side and the gearbox is a dual range, so if you're ever going to drop the EJ AWD gearbox in shoot us a PM or something if no one has dibbs on the push button 4wd gear shifter knob ;)

Also wish I could get hold of the XT6 brakes etc - then I'd be running the 5 lug setup as well :D

As for the amber lights, I prefer the clear with the smaller amber indicator lense that came in the post '87 models over here.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Bennie

PS - I've never seen a front bumper like that one with the indicators recessed into the bumper - or the high rise centre console.

Edited by el_freddo

obk25xt,

Great looking wagon! What size tires are you running? I picked up a set of WRX wheels and I am having a challenge finding tires that will fit.:confused:

I'm running 205-55-16 Bridgestone Potenzas currently, also the car is low for sure, not sure exactly how much. Hoping to run 17's after these tires are done, I bought a set of 2008 Outback alloys and am thinking about a gold/bronze color and 40 series tires.

• 5 months later...

Just to bump this up......

OBDII harness is underway, Delta's are in the mix, ACT light flywheel is acquired (~10.5 lbs.), stainless header is ordered.

Combine this with 4.11 AWD & clutch type LSD.

Megan Racing coilovers too.

Stay tuned!!!!!

Edited by obk25xt

I like your wagon,

I just picked up an XT6 5 lug setup for my 91. Did you end up using the xt6 control arms or reaming the ea82 control arms?

how much is it lowered? and what did you use to do it?

I have a laundry list of things to do on my wagon, yours is close to what I want it to look like when its done.

BUMP FOR COOL WAGON!

Ben

Edited by tractor pole