Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Snow pics thread. . .

Damn we got snow down here in vancouver area but Im jealous I wish we has that much snow. It looks hella fun.

Are you running 27" bighorns? How are they doin in the deep snow? It looks like its doin great. :banana:

Thanks Clay

Edited by bratclay

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you running 27" buckshot? How are they doin in the deep snow? It looks like its doin great. :banana:

Thanks Clay

Those Tires are C78-14's they are old, I got them from R_kirky years ago, I think they are retreads but they are amazing..................

Jeff

For those not "blessed" with being in the PNW, for the last week the TV News has been warning the Puget Sound region of the impending "Snow-tastrophe" (copyright pending :rolleyes: ). After 3 days of being "on alert", I have about an inch of snow. I am in an area that typically gets snow before most of the region, and typically some of the higher accumulations.

And I have about an inch...

My Subarus are envious!

We got about 4-5in in our area.

This was a strange storm tho. Moist cold air from the Gulf of Alaska and then cold air coming down from Canada. It came in waves and pockets her and there. Seattle had just a trace, yet areas south, east and north got scattered amounts. Some areas got dumped on and others got zip.

I'm happy we got some, but bummed I cant go out and play in it.

The fiancée has been home the last 2 days :rolleyes:

I also heard that this storm might push far enough south for it to snow in San Fran.

wednesday morning:

0223110721.jpg

after the commute:

0223110817.jpg

that afternoon:

0223111940.jpg

0223111952.jpg

0223111950.jpg

trying to clear out the parking lot:

0223111955.jpg

After that, i went across the street and towed about 6 people out of the mall parking lot, then when i tried to go home, the timing belt jumped about 10 teeth.

A guy in a truck towed me back across the street and i dumped her in the parking lot and i managed to replace it today, after digging her out.

Finally got some mediocre snow in Beaverton

Couldnt drift on it though, wasnt slippery enough... and I TRIED lol.

And then, I made a snow man and put him in the freezer lol :P

Pretty cool, supposedly 4 more inches before Sunday...

Lets hope its drifting snow :P

Thats because you were out after the sun came up... I was on the road at 4AM working getting my garage truck sideways :grin: Then I threw on chains and needed them as TV highway was an icepack up until like 7AM

Today I got to see a good 50+ melting snowmen... well snow people... they carrots were not placed properly to make them a snowMAN.

Got pretty lucky.... WM was I think the only company in Washington county to not have missed customers.

Your black coupe is still sexy as hell :slobber: Loved following it up and back to WCSS... even if it WAS slow on the hills :rolleyes:

Marshall, it started snowing at 3AM in Forest Grove... so you were like an hour off :lol:

Agreed, I love that coupe.... lol I like the rims too.

Oh well lol, MW2 can only keep me up for so long, then its out I go

Id take it :D

I love driving in the snow.

Actually I guess I wont :(

I need new tires and an alignment before I do anything further with my Subaru but Les Schwab wants near $600 for 4 new 195/50/15s and a 4 wheel alignment.

Plus they will probably try to hit me hard to fix my front suspension issue :(

Wish I could hit the lottery.

Id take it :D

I love driving in the snow.

Actually I guess I wont :(

I need new tires and an alignment before I do anything further with my Subaru but Les Schwab wants near $600 for 4 new 195/50/15s and a 4 wheel alignment.

Plus they will probably try to hit me hard to fix my front suspension issue :(

Wish I could hit the lottery.

Craigslist/local forum for tires!! I just scored a set of 85% winterforces for $100. Go to a reputable shop for an alignment, shouldn't be more than $75 or so. I need an alignment too, and to have my tires mounted, so I'm looking at about $205 for tho whole dealy. Heck of a lot better than 600!!! Shop around man

Its hard, my trust on craigslist is kinda low. Picked up my set of 195-60-15s for $140 for all of them put on my rims... Tire went flat, took it to him since they came with a 30 day warranty on 1-28-11 (this was on the 25th that I went) so I was under warranty but apparently warranty only covers it if I have a blow out... GREAT, so I can have a blow out, lose control, hit a few other cars and Ill have reassurance that my tire (not TIRES) will be replaced... ugh haha.

Oh well, soon Ill have the money for them lol.

Yeah you should buy the wheels too!!! lol

I am so sick of snow!!!! we have way too much of it, and it just keeps coming. I'm ready for spring/summer

If I buy the wheels too I'll have him keep the tires mounted so I don't have to pay the $40... I don't need to turn into another wheel whore. hahaha

to see a lot of debris and junk at the target range we stopped and had lunch at.

110201_002.jpg

^ Looks like there could be an ok L series dual range 5 speed gearbox in there...

Here's Ruby Scoo in the snow last winter up at Mt Buffalo:

p8070202rs.jpg

Mt Hotham:

p8210052rs.jpg

p8210067rs.jpg

p8280075g.jpg

:grin:

Can't wait to get back up the snow later this year, will be moving back to Mt Hotham in the next month or two before the winter to start organising apartments for occupation...

Love not having to put the chains on too! Rarely do 4wd's need chains, most people fit them anyway because they don't know how to control a vehicle if a side is induced. Anyway, I love it and am jealous that you guys have ************-tins of snow over there at the moment! To cap it off our summer sucks this year - no heat :(

Cheers

Bennie