Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rolled Wagon, Need to find Replacement

Rolled my 83 Wagon on the street yesterday. Nobody got hurt, it was in the middle of nowhere. Just broke all the passenger glass and windshield and hatch glass, and caved in the roof. Also gave the Front Left an "XT" style front.

frontrolled.jpg

sidecave.jpg

passside.jpg

I need to find a replacement, but I only have about $150 bucks. I have a Cosmetically good/rusty rockers 83 GL, but Id rather sell it and/or part it out. Same with my wagon, interior is still good, and it has a JDM Transmission and Diff. (3.7)

The real question is, do you guys think I would do better parting the wagons out or would anyone like to buy em. Id like to get a hatchback, maybe a trade?

Any questions or comments are appreciated.

Jay

Edit: Posted Pics.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Were you trying to do a stunt, or was it just bad luck? Glad your not hurt.

There are enough soobs in our area that I would part out the old ones and go buy a running one.

If you are going to part anything out, I need another set of rear disk brakes. I know they didn't come on your year, but you might have done the mod.

Also need two of the console pieces, the front and back, in blue for a D/R 4 speed wagon. I already have the middle two pieces. The front piece needs to have the power mirror control cutout (I already have the switch) and the rear piece needs to be the tall one with the power window control cutout (I already have that switch, also). It is hard to find the front piece that has not been butchered to fit stereos, so if yours is in good shape but not blue, I may get it anyway and paint it.

Just saw the pics you added to your post. It would cost you way too much in time and money to fix it. Too bad about the safari rack, it was worth almost as much as the car before you crunched it.

If you were not strapped for cash, it would be a fun project car. Cut off the whole roof and fab a roll cage. Put the safari rack back on top and you would look like you are ready to tackle the African plains.

Wouldn't work too well in the NW rain, though.

Theres an 83-84 wagon on just off 152nd street between canyon (puyallup) and 122ave.. its white 4wd.. Its been a few months since I have been up there, but I lived right down the street for quite a while and it was for sale the whole time and never sold.. not sure how much they want for it, but its probably still there.

well... i have a auto EA82 Carbed 1987 wagon that is for sale. i will sell it as is right now for $500. i can acept payments, and it wouldn't take much to get her running, i just have no time.

interior is like 98% perfect and exterior is about 95% perfect.

I think im leaning on parting the cars out, so I want to see some more input.

But thanks to everyone so far.

SubSand: Ill check on the interior pieces when i get home.

Wagon: Those are staying with me for my next project ;) .

Scooby: I got an 86 I can use for a DD, But thanks. I might know someone thats would be interested in it though. How Much You Want for it?

Calebz: Ill check on that thanks.

Jay

The wagon was insured, just not full coverage.

I will most likely save as much as i can (Rack included) and make some sort of Truck out of it. But i would rather get a different sube, and be a little more grown up with it, and treat it better. Do you guys think i could make enough money, say atleast $500, selling all the interior pieces and miscellaneos things?

Jay

"I could tell you what happens, and you would go do it anyways. I would much rather have you do it yourself, learn a valuable lesson, and never do it again."

-Anonymous

How did you roll the wagon on dry pavement? That's all I want to know.

Oh yeah, there is a standard hatch, think it's a 84? here in Roanoke, Va. for sale for 600.00. I owned it for a week and sold it. Solid car. I'm getting out of the EA81's. Round headlights, rubber mats.

Jay

Gravel: Just got back from where it happened. It looks like the sidewall went under and the pavement caught the rim. It rolled about 40 feet from where it started, to where I reconnected the coil wire and drove it off after i picked up all the stuff that flew out. On the hatch, Why does it have to be in Virgina?

Scoob: Ill talk to my friend, do you know whats wrong with it?

Jay

Bummer ! (you didn't get hurt or anything? Anyone else involved? Hope not.) Looks like it was a nice car................Part it out for cash and pick up another one............

Should be able to straighten that roof rack back out for use on your next ride.........

Good luck and happy hunting!

ya it just needs to be put back together, the guy i got it from replaced the head gaskets on it, but they broke off a bolt when putting the driver cam cover back on so he just left it for a year in his driveway.

i just dont have the time to mess with it when im 18, going to school full time plus working 33hours (atleast) every week.

Shean

Well, that sucks. Hope things work out for you. My hatch is not a daily driver. Maybe if you put some different tires on it, but it wouldnt look right :-\

I got a car that I can use for a DD, but its not accessible to me at all times. Hence I need a car for my own. The outlook right now is that im going to throw the motor that was in the Red wagon into the rustbucket parts car so ill have something to drive when i need it. Turbone, your hatch, if i got it, would be used for "pleasure trips" (through mud that is).

Im just trying to get everything in order right now then i will probably start asking if anyone needs parts.

Thanks Everyone

Jay

What do you need another Sub for?

Your old one has more character now. Lots of us don't have a straight panel on the vehicle!

I see it as a great starting platform for an OFF-ROAD BEAST! :brow:

Let the project begin! (did someone say :cool: sawzall???)

I carved mine up and it's happier now!

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

I just found an 83-84 DL 4X wagon that has no reverse. (needs tranny) Fairly straight, red/maroon with tinted windows. Super high miles, said the odo quit at 316k, has tabs till 1/05. . . The guy wants 300 obo. He will call me this weekend to set up a time to meet him early next week.

Ezap: That wagon sounds good, if it has little rust, especially in the rockers let me know. Im leaning towards a hatch though, but if that wagon is not all that rusty, you more than likely have a buyer :).

Sweet: That just might happen, take everything thats usable out of it, and make some sort of windshield less roadster and/or cage it up and continue with the off roading.

Anyone with a hatch for cheap in WA, preferably no engine tranny etc, but with good interior and paint?

Thanks guys cant wait to meet you all some time. WCSS6?? :grin:

Jay