Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Well, its gone

Sold the Hatch today to DeathHatch (catchy name, eh?). He has a new color scheme in mind, and we should see him on the board more, hopefully. He might be looking to go wheeling sometime soon also :brow:

Hopefully my "New Project" will be showing up this weekend, and I will be posting some pics of it. It needs a motor transplant, so it wont be on the road right away. But I think ya'll gonna like it :brow: Its a streeter, not a off roader.

Dont worry about the Hatch, Brandon (Deathhatch) can't drive it until he has the Title, LOL, parents rules. :grin: You should have seen his moms face when he brought it home, she was so mad at him. But he was so happy, I really dont think he heard his mom yelling at all. :D

Oh well, boys will be boys :banana:

Cant wait to see pics of your new project, Turbo? :brow:

Yeah - my mom says my cars are "junk", and wonders why I got rid of my Volvo 850 turbo. But at least she can't yell at me for my choices anymore.... and she does concede the point that my Brat gets a lot better mileage than that volvo ever got.

Once she calms down, he should extoll it's virtues - such as cheap to repair and maintain, economical (well - better than a lot of things he could have picked), reasonably safe because of the added height, NOT fast (she should like that).... increddibly slow in fact. Don't talk about how "cool" it is, or how fun it will be off-road - that will only make it worse. Focus on the points she will understand as a parent, and try to get her to look past it's ugly exterior...

He should have put sissy tires on it for the trip home....

Is that his only rig? Too bad if it is... never good to only have an off-roader. People with only one rig don't like to try and follow those of us with multiple. Comes down to us not really minding if we break stuff. I mean - I care, but it's not the end of the world if I do, as it's not my transportation to school and work. It's actually hard to find Subaru people to go off-roading with around here.... plenty of jeep people tho.

GD

She needs to know that off roading is good wholesome fun (I was going to say clean, ha). It will keep you off the streets and out of trouble, so to speak. If you dont get to crazy and get yourself stuck or to broken to drive out. I hope he doesnt drive it on the street to much, its not really good for a daily. But I'm sure he's going to enjoy it :headbang:

When my next project shows up, I'll have pics and stats.

Well Rob, I'm not that bummed you sold it, I'm glad you might be able to make an end meet somewhere with the funds. You've been wheeling with us in your Mazda for years, so you'll still be around.

I am pretty bummed that you sold it to someone who's Mom is gonna dictate whether he can drive it or not. Sounds like someone we'd have to babysit on the trail. . . Sounds like someone who's Mom would never let him wheel with us in the first place.

(not like you had a choice of buyers, this I understand Rob)

In summary, one less Soob in the Hatch Patrol. Hate it when that happens. :rolleyes:

The reason he isnt allowed to drive it at the moment is becuase I still have the title. It hasnt been paid in full yet, and he is doing work on it.

Believe me, I will be back. And I will have a better rig, and like I commented in another thread, it will be built by me. The biggest reason for the sale was because of my back. That last run we made to Kanaskat was a wake up call :banghead:

Once things get straightened out (surgery), I'll be looking for my next 4x rig.

Zap, How is the Hatch Patrol Dead? I fail to see it coming anytime soon. New members are welcome isnt that right :brow: and Brandon (he was the guy that was with me when we went to your house the first time) Isnt going to let his mom stop him. Like Rob said, its because he doesnt have the title yet. His mom is going through the "My boy is growing up and I dont want him too" stage right now, Im glad im pretty much over that. :D

We will be looking forward to Wheelin with you guys and earning some Hatch Patrol badges of our own. Ive made some good progress with that parts hatch already :brow:.

Hes going to earn his HP status, as will I, and I've got plenty of parts to cover breakage.

Bring on the Mud :headbang:

yeah I'm gonna go street too:D. I like to go wheelin in a larger rig like a Dodge or a Chevy pickup, maybe a Subaru if I feel the need to do trail riding. But yeah, the 79 is gonna be for street ONLY!!! Granted its 4wd but how many people lower a 4wd station wagon and put a twin turbo motor into it? NONE:D:D:D....except for me:brow: