Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ej22 swap wiring help

I am currently swapping an ej22 out of a 1992 legacy into my 1990 Loyale. Everything is done except the wiring. i got my harness from SJR, i currently have the 3 yellow wires labeled hot in run and start and hot at all times wired directly to the battery (Just temporarily).

the black and red wire labeled fuel pump is wired to the blue and white wire from the old fuel pump relay ( the fuel pump was working but its not anymore)

the alternator is wired up to the original wires from the vehicle. (The charge light was flashing while cranking but its not anymore)

the wires labeled starter, trans, coolant, fan. radiator, select monitor, oil pressure, ac, check engine, and tach are not currently connected to anything 

my question is with this current setup is there a way to get it started 

it currently cranks over fine and the fuel pump was pumping but there is no spark

im a little lost at why there is no spark and what happened to the fuel pump 

i know grounding could be an issue but i don't really know where to start, does the ecu need to be grounded and if so how

also i don't know if there is a minimum voltage the battery needs to get everything going it currently has 12.36 volts

i have read through several other peoples threads including numbchux, but im running out of things to try, the engine ran fine right before we pulled in out of the donor vehicle 

i suck at electrical so any help is greatly appreciated

thanks 

Edited by Tye

I think you need to have the wire labled starter hooked up? Shows that the car is cranking/trying to crank.  And i dont think the charge light should flash when cranking?

The ground is threw the engine harness, yes you need the brown main relay powered with ignition key

You still have the brown relay? On my ej22 swapped hatch there was a small black wire off of it that wasn't hooked up. It didn't have fuel or spark either until it was hooked up.

thanks for the reply's, where would the starter labeled wire, wire to?

Its alwasys best to just tuck them up and call it good... now you have exsposed wiring, that runs through out the body...

i pulled the wires out also and cut them off at the yellow plugs that went to the old computer, so there shouldn't be any exposed wires in there. i did this because i didn't think i needed the old computer or any of the wires associated with it. just trying to simplify the old harness as much as i can. just wanted to double check to make sure this was alright and not causing my starting issues. 

The ground is threw the engine harness, yes you need the brown main relay powered with ignition key

if i have a manual transmission do the 2 trans wires have to be wired up? if so where?