Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Three Door Coupe??

aldeveron

@ MorganM:

You are completely right :lol: !

I love the Brat and I love the EA82 bodystyle, so this is the ultimate subaru;) !

L

Might look good, but the ea81s are the best off roaders. Hands down. If you disagree cuz you own a lifted ea82, then it's cuz you never had a lifted ea81 to wheel.

@ Zapar:

You are right, the EA81 is better off road. But I am not interested in off roading

my subaru.

L

Then you are in the wrong forum.

This, however was the question.

I was looking for a hatch and found an 1988 three door coupe.

Any comments about the suitability of off roading it compared to a hatch?

Thanks for the info and the pics. I don't remember seeing a 3-door coupe before and I am getting interested.

This only came up for me because I saw one on the A.trader at what seems like a reasonable price. It has dual-range and a/c and I am trying to find out if it has the LSD.

I think the diff may be the deal maker based on what I have on the board.

If the deal goes down, I guess you will be hearing more from me; if not I will remain is quasi lurker mode.

-M-

Might look good, but the ea81s are the best off roaders.Hands down. If you disagree cuz you own a lifted ea82, then it's cuz you never had a lifted ea81 to wheel.
That's true but....

I know you're not trying to say that the ea-82 is a BAD offroader, but that's how it comes off. It's like saying the hatch is a better off-road rig than an OBS. Whilst that's true, it's no reason to give up on the Impreza.

Lifted 3-door = Sickness!

That's true but....

I know you're not trying to say that the ea-82 is a BAD offroader, but that's how it comes off. It's like saying the hatch is a better off-road rig than an OBS. Whilst that's true, it's no reason to give up on the Impreza.

You bet. Not trying to say the 3 door wouldn't make a good offroader. He asked which is better, or how it stacked up to a hatch, I gave my opinion. So far, the impreza outback wouldn't hold a candle to a hatch in the mud, no clearance. In the snow up to 2 feet or so. . ? The hatch could only wish it could keep up with the OBS and stay on the road at the same time. ;)

On gravel roads. . ? HA!

When I'm done with the OBS, hopefully before WCSS7, it will give a standard lifted hatch a run for it's money offroad too. I'm sure of it.:brow:

Lifted 3-door = Sickness!
Ross's really was the sickness. Awesome car, I personally spotted him up the last few parts of upper 311 at Evans Creek.