Ultimate Subaru Message Board

If (WHEN) i fail my PA state inspection....

Hey, does anyone know about PA inspections on cars? I've never gotten one inspected before and my subaru needs a catalytic converter, pcv valve, vacum lines, and a bolt drilled & tapped out of the mount for the altenator slide so i'm pretty damn sure it is failing. when you fail, do they give you a sticker or something to put on with a limited time to get it fixed>? i think NJ gives you something like 2 weeks to get it fixed....wondering about PA.

ALSO.....why is it that NO ONE carries a universal catalytic converter for my car??? its so annoying!!!! i have to wait till thurs if i order one...

To bad you didnt live a little bit further north like carbon county like lehighton because up hear as long as you have the cat on and brakes,tires, lights, wipers horn all work and are in good condition and its not to rusty they dont have emissions yet so the few other problems under the hood most places where i go dont even look! But to get inspection up here you need addres up here.

Nobody carries the cat because it's an odd piece. It has 3 pipes attached to it. The two j-pipes from the heads come into the front of it, and a single pipe comes out the back. If you know a good exhaust shop, they may be able to make you a custom y-pipe and use a universal cat farther down the pipe, beyond where the two pipes meet.

I have a PA inspection license: You will fail. There is no sticker issued for a 2 week period or anything like that. Fix your car then go get it inspected...otherwise you could get charged twice for the inspection (if you take the car and leave and bring it back later to get it to pass)

I failed inspection when I mover to NC because of a small rust hole in the tailpipe. In Colorado, at least in jefferson co, there is emision testing, but as long as you pass emisions, they don't care what kind of shape the car is in unless its REALLY %$#@#ed up.

To bad you didnt live a little bit further north like carbon county like lehighton because up hear as long as you have the cat on and brakes,tires, lights, wipers horn all work and are in good condition and its not to rusty they dont have emissions yet so the few other problems under the hood most places where i go dont even look! But to get inspection up here you need addres up here.

yeah, they just started to do emissions here in northampton county a little while ago. i know a mechanic who will pass the emissions, and the only thing on the safety part he looks at are the brakes. so i guess i'll be ok till monday since my cars getting fixed this weekend.