Ultimate Subaru Message Board

UN-STICKY : East Coast Meet 10/25/03

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breakfast, But I'll be waiting at the usual spot for you guys to come from breakfast. I'll check to see if the horse trailers are going to be there(at the ranger station) or what not. Maybe I'll put another coat of wax on my hatch so I can take the cleanest roo, just have to be judged before I hit the trails....

no cabins left guys.

any other suggs? Campsites will be available.

Circle the wagons boyz, injuns and devils out dar.

Do the campsites where we are going have 'trisity? Like for lights or a small heater?

Are Trog, Moosens and I the only brave (foolish?) ones thus far?

Hey Keck, how far away is your estate?

Electricity?Heater? I doubt hypothermia will set in if you have a tent and good sleeping bag.If we camp that's what we'll be doing.

October is the best for sleeping outdoors.We camped at Cooperstown a couple years ago in late October and my wife and son were fine.

For sure sleeping in the cargo area of your wagon will do you good.Wagon78 and I did that at Carlise.He's got a hatch and fit well enough with the seats folded.My wagon was less than spacious but provided nicely.Take the right milk and cookies before bed and you'll be all set.:slobber:

skip

i sent a reply - looks like i need to get a late slip.

if you crash with keck, maybe we could meet at the valley forge rest stop on the eastbound side and sort things out...i could be there any time after say, 6:30pm...from there once we get situated, we could handle the car bidniss.

keep me posted guys

well, I am not to say what for the entire company

I think Keck's Estate may be a Sat night affair

I have to pick up my wagon Friday night just to get some miles on her before the 350 mi. ride home, if ya catch my drift??

if you an hour east of the pines that might put you in the ocean? Your up in PA if I remember correct, might be west of the pines. hehe.... You guy might want to check the Belleplain State park. Its a little farther south but I am close to Belleplain so we could convoy up Saturday morning. And if Skip has any problems with his new wagon my garage is about 20 mins from Belleplain. Good luck guys, if you get stuck I have a good size living room. One fold out bed and lots of floor space..

Basic Rules For Driving In New Jersey...

1. Turn signals will give away your next move. A real New Jersey driver never uses them.

2. Under no circumstances should you leave a safe distance between you and the car in front of you, or the space will be filled in by somebody else putting you in an even more dangerous situation.

3. The faster you drive through a redlight, the smaller the chance you have of getting hit.

4. Never, ever come to a complete stop at a stop sign. No one expects it and it will result in you being rear ended.

5. Never get in the way of an older car that needs extensive bodywork. New Jersey is a no-fault insurance state and the other guy doesn't have anything to lose.

6. Braking is to be done as hard and late as possible to ensure that your ABS kicks in, giving a nice, relaxing foot massage as the brake pedal pulsates. For those of you without ABS, it's a chance to stretch

your legs.

7. Never pass on the left when you can pass on the right. It's a good way toscare people entering the highway.

8. Speed limits are arbitrary figures, given only as suggestions and are apparently not enforceable in New Jersey during rush hour.

9. Just because you're in the left lane and have no room to speed up or move over doesn't mean that a New Jersey driver flashing his high beams behind you doesn't think he can go faster in your spot.

10. Always slow down and rubberneck when you see an accident or even someone changing a tire.

11. Learn to swerve abruptly. New Jersey is the home of high-speed slalom driving thanks to the State Highway Department, which puts potholes in key locations to test drivers' reflexes and keep them on their toes.

12. It is traditional in New Jersey to honk your horn at cars that don't move the instant the light changes.

13. Remember that the goal of every New Jersey driver is to get there first, by whatever means necessary.

Good luck and be safe in the good ole Garden State.....

Hey Paul thats a great idea, can you get the account # incase someone brings a check book....

you should signal from the right lane to move into the left, overtake the slower vehicle and signal and move back into the right. If everyone did that things would move much smoooooother........ That way you wouldn't get behind some SUV while they talk on their cell trying to figure out which kid has to get picked up at which soccer game.....:grin:

considering last weekend my driveshaft broke on my brat, and my spare is up the mountains at my brothers, that is probably where I am heading this weekend. I would have loved to get up with the sube brethren, as I think it is only 6 hours north of me..

oh well.. always next time, and I have some awesome places to go in Virginia (and closer)..

Unless, you think I can take out the driveshaft, keep the fluid in there, and somebody brings one to donate,, I can swap under the 6 inch desert camo, lifted brat in less than 30 minutes..

what'd you think? I don't think I can drive it with the shaft removed, as the fluid comes out the back

Mike

mikldom@yahoo.com

Moosens, sorry mate, I think you missed the point, he can't drive in 2wd as that would mean taking his broken drive shaft out, this in turn would allow the tranny fluid to drain out the rear of the tranny (the spline shaft is part of the rear seal setup).

Mike - since the old shaft is toast and Paul has generously offered a repl. Cut the splined end off and hold it in/on with bailing wire.

When in front wheel drive it does not turn. It just needs held in the opening.

I'd like to see this monster.

Hope this helps

Only one of needs to bring a drive shaft, let us know if you want us to bring it. I would hate for both of us to bring one and one have to have it bounce around in the car while hitt'n the trails...

oh yea only 3 days.......

Paul I'll email you later with some ideas for prize categories....

Alright, decision time. Meeting for breakfast at 9am. Then hit the trails around 10:30? How long do you expect to be out on the trails before heading back to the ranger station? I don't have a rally to go to this weekend, but I'm thinking I've got some more important things I should be doing. I'm thinking I could just come out for breakfast and some BSing and then head out around lunch time or so.

Keith