Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Flossin the 15" wheels + new tires!!!

I was really getting mad at the car til I got the tires and put on the wheels today... OMG its so sexy!!! :eek:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/166896604/458793324uMyRNS

205's are wide on this car, but wider is better!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/166896604/458792973jibXAC

I cant wait til its smogged and running so I can get it painted :D

wow those look sweet!

do you have rubbing issues with them???

last question... are they as tall as stock or more???

doing a quick calc i determined that you would need to be running 205/35 to keep stock height... so obviously those aren't 205/35's... so what exactly are you running for all of us who want such meat on out cars...

looks good! can't wait to see the whole project finished! you gonna be supa fly!:cool:

carfreak85

Heres a brat from WCSS7:

hehe thats renassanceman's(sp?) brat... you can see mine behind his...

but ya... he is running EA81 modded struts with RX springs...

but his tires are such a tight fit! you can't fit your pinky finger in between his torsion bar suspension nubbin and the tire...(on the rear)

i really like his set-up... there is a thread telling about his front suspension... its like performance mods for gen 1's or something...

i was thinking that since he wasn't running stock suspension that they might not fit... and i'm not about to go out buy pugs and find they don't fit...

your running stock suspension on your wagon right Kostamojen?

your running stock suspension on your wagon right Kostamojen?

Yup, totally stock... And old :P I think the rear struts are dead, but I cant tell for sure since I dont know what they are supposed to ride like when they are new!

Kostamojen -- that is one of the flippin' most killer Sube projects I have ever seen, man. I love those old Gen1 wagons. Don't get frustrated, just get it on the road! Awesome job so far!

Thanks, its good to hear that...

I'm still stuck at the whole smog thing though, its spewing black, white and blue smoke now :( I really dont know how to fix it. Trying to find a local shop that can work on it and actually knows something.

• 2 weeks later...

That paint scheme would look so sweet!

Maybe make the fender flares and rocker panels the same color as the top of the car. Either that or paint them black.

Another thing that might look cool is a blue pinstripe a couple inches above the color change line.

That paint scheme would look so sweet!

Maybe make the fender flares and rocker panels the same color as the top of the car. Either that or paint them black.

Another thing that might look cool is a blue pinstripe a couple inches above the color change line.

I was actually thinking of trying to get a few Subaru vinyls for the car after its painted... Kind of like the rally cars, maybe something different though. I havent tried photochoping it yet to see what would look good.