Ultimate Subaru Message Board

AA stuff+Liberators=issues

kingbobdole

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

235/75 R15 calculates out to 9.3 section width.

Guess that's why the swampers don't rub and the 235's do on the AA rims.

Backspacing the culprit; need less of it. I have 15" steel pugs and mine don't rub on anything in the rear. Only spot my tires rub are up front on the unibody where my feet go.

Wide tires are definitely nicer for the sand, so when I have new sets made for a group buy I can maybe specify wheel width and cost. Yea haa more products.

That's why they don't rub, maybe consider less backspacing on the next run of rims. Skinny tires are great for cutting through mud and snow. That's it.

Why's that?

There's less room on the EA81 for bigger tires. Pretty sure Arch is basing this off the fact he has an EA81 with a 4" lift and toyota rims with less backspacing than most pug rims. An AA lift + AA rims would be 1" less lift and about 2" more backspacing; just no room for 235/75R15 tires in there.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I dont turn that hard.... The lift factor of my wagon causes me to just kinda edge it around corners.. I always feel Like I'm gonna "Ford Explorer" it when ever I turn so I really slow down..... How would it move that way even though? I would assume that every things bolted down good, it cant really move at all.

Not everything back there is ridgid steel on steel conections. There are lots of rubber bushings. Factor in that + big rubber tires that flex and sway under force and things do shift side to side.

When I had 30"x9.5" tires on it was really close up to the front strut seats. Did not rub when bouncing up and down straight. Same in the rear; before I had trimmed enough metal out of the way. I thought it was fine since it didnt rub bouncing straight up and down. However in turning situations it did indeed rub front and rear.

Put some chalk or something that rubs off easy on those bolts. See if they do indeed rub anymore. Personally I think its a little scary having washers space your rim out; maybe that's just me. Better than your tires rubbing thugh right; but are they your permanent solution to the problem?

I guess I dont turn that hard.... The lift factor of my wagon causes me to just kinda edge it around corners.. I always feel Like I'm gonna "Ford Explorer" it when ever I turn so I really slow down..... How would it move that way even though? I would assume that every things bolted down good, it cant really move at all.

I used to have a ford with the twin beam front suspension,,,

In the Ford, when I would pull up onto driveway it would sway

Even lifted, my subaru still feels more stable,,