Ultimate Subaru Message Board

85 Hatch Lifted Debut

carfreak85

I now have a lifted vehicle worth driving! Took my sweet time getting her done and ran into my fair share of road blocks, but I think I can safely say shes on the ground and lifted!!! :banana: As with any project, I still have some stuff I want to do (Need to get those stupid fenders trimmed and my Swampers on there!), so stay tuned for updates! Enjoy the pics.

IMG_3354.jpg

IMG_3350.jpg

IMG_3365.jpg

Thats hot!! Front and rear mud flaps :) I like!! What rear shocks are you running?

-Brian

Thanks, I really like having the flaps all around (Didn't really help on my wagon at the show, haha). The shocks I'm running are Rancho RS5000s for the rear of a 97 to 01 Jeep TJ with a 2.5 inch lift. Rancho P/N 5241, I think I got the pair new from Schucks for $118 out the door, IIRC. They need some modification to fit (grinding the top mount and shims down low) to fit, but its actually not too bad. The rubber boots are a pain in the rump roast to get on, but with some soapy water you can get them on. For as much driving as I've done with them on (None off road), I really like them. They smooth out the ride nicely and aren't overly stiff.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/data/500/medium/IMG_3359.jpg

IMG_3360.jpg

Are these the rear shocks you used? http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=RAN&mfrpartnumber=RS5241&parttype=50&ptset=APart numbers seem right, but picture seems wrong. Let us know how they work out off road.

Thanks,

Jeremy

If I read correctly, in the upper right hand corner of that picture it says, "Representative Photo". With that part number, you will be getting a longer version of our stock rear shock.

• 2 weeks later...