Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Maine state animal, the moose. State car Subaru?

I am in Augusta, Maine for business. I have yet to see a moose. However I have seen about a BILLION Subarus. Growing up in eastern PA, in the market of Becker Subaru and 2 dealers in Reading, there were always Subarus around. Nothing like this however. I don't know if the reast of the state is like this but Portland up I-95, Augusta and surounding area seem to be nothing but Subarus.

Not rusted beat up crap either. Nice Gen 1 and Gen 2 Legacys and Outbacks, New Legacys and Outbacks, Foresters by the bushel basket, Imprezas and Outback Juniors. Not many Tribecas though.

God bless this state, I have yet to see a Hummer H2 or H3 but Subarus abound. You Maine folks have good taste!

Sounds cool. When I saw 'state car Subaru' I thought of these commericals that are being aired incessantly claiming the official car of NY is Subaru. There are some number of Subaru's in Buffalo, but Buffalo is ford country as ford has a stamping plant here. Second is probably gm since they have an engine plant here.

Subie's are starting to spread across (upstate) NY... one of my client's bought one after moving from Texas, "'cause every other car she saw was a Subaru, and that must mean something."

me: "Yeah, 'cause we have winters here." They aren't all that bad here in the Capital District, compared to the snow belt of the Tug Hill Plateau or the Adirondacks, but apparently it's bad enough for some people.

They are all overe here in oregon and washington. In Montanna vehical of choice was a full sized p'up.

nipper

I was reading in "Montana Magazine" a couple of months ago -

101 reasons to love montana

I think #20 or so was "We love Subarus. Every parking lot, you would swear was a Subaru dealership"

I'm sure its a bit different the more east you travel into the midwest

We have at least one XT, 4 SVX's, 2 Outback SUS's, a lime green Forester, several 2nd gen legacys here and there and everywhere, a hot looking Legacy GT in red (long have i been coveting the wheels and hood), and a number of WRX's of various sorts with loud exhaust. I like the vehicles here at WWU. My neck muscles sure get a workout.

I am in Augusta, Maine for business. I have yet to see a moose. However I have seen about a BILLION Subarus. Growing up in eastern PA, in the market of Becker Subaru and 2 dealers in Reading, there were always Subarus around. Nothing like this however. I don't know if the reast of the state is like this but Portland up I-95, Augusta and surounding area seem to be nothing but Subarus.

Not rusted beat up crap either. Nice Gen 1 and Gen 2 Legacys and Outbacks, New Legacys and Outbacks, Foresters by the bushel basket, Imprezas and Outback Juniors. Not many Tribecas though.

God bless this state, I have yet to see a Hummer H2 or H3 but Subarus abound. You Maine folks have good taste!

48% of all the Subarus in North America are in New England. In Massachusetts, the most popular car in 40 of 351 cities and towns is the Legacy family. But total ownership percentage is much smaller because Ford and Toyota, for example, have several popular product families. Ford is #1 overall in MA largely due to the huge number of Explorers. The Camry is the most popular car line overall.

In Boston and Cambridge (combined) Subarus outnumber BMW, Mercedes, and SAAB, and nearly equal Volvo.

Out of nearly 100,000 cars in Boston, there are 77 Hummers (81 if you count Cambridge). Many of those are rentals or promotional vehicles. At Legacygt.com, a recent informal poll named the Hummer as "#1 Douchebag vehicle." Cadillac Escalade/Lincoln Navigator was close behind.....

post-156-136027618499_thumb.jpg

A recent article in one of the Maine 'lifestyle' mags detailed total car registrations by make and model. #1 was Ford F-150, then a couple of more pick-up brands, and Subie was lower down but in the top 10.