Ultimate Subaru Message Board

xt6 at my local junkyard

I was down at my local pick a part in san diego california and there was a pretty nice xt6 manual AWD. all I want is the sway bars. Everything else was there including 4 good motion wheels with center caps. 5 lug conversion etc. Also it had a good dash trim. I go down once a week so if anyone needs something let me know. Also in a couple weeks it is 50% off day at that yard. so parts could be cheap.

Also in a couple weeks it is 50% off day at that yard. so parts could be cheap.

So in other words, go rip all the good parts off of it and stash them in a crap car no one will look at and make sure it's not likely to be crushed. Then in a few weeks time.... :burnout: :-p

So in other words, go rip all the good parts off of it and stash them in a crap car no one will look at and make sure it's not likely to be crushed. Then in a few weeks time.... :burnout: :-p

FTW!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

if it had a rear sway bar, I want the trailing arms. I pulled the rear bar off an XT6 up here, but didn't think to get the trailing arms until after they crushed it. So now I've got an XT6 bar, but nowhere to attach it on my loyale....

I'm not in a terrible hurry to get my hands on them (in fact, I don't really have any money here within the next couple weeks). But they are pretty hard to find.

• 2 weeks later...

you got a problem with regular EA82 trailing arms? ;) get some with sway bar tabs, problem solved!

if it had a rear sway bar, I want the trailing arms. I pulled the rear bar off an XT6 up here, but didn't think to get the trailing arms until after they crushed it. So now I've got an XT6 bar, but nowhere to attach it on my loyale....

I'm not in a terrible hurry to get my hands on them (in fact, I don't really have any money here within the next couple weeks). But they are pretty hard to find.

Can you put EA82 hubs onto an XT6 arm? I mean can you swap just the four and five lug assemblies between the 2? I thought to say do a five lug conversion you needed the whole arm, axle stub, bearings,etc...all of it.

If so it would mean unless you're doing the five lug swap you have to get

EA82 arms.

Can you put EA82 hubs onto an XT6 arm? I mean can you swap just the four and five lug assemblies between the 2? I thought to say do a five lug conversion you needed the whole arm, axle stub, bearings,etc...all of it.

If so it would mean unless you're doing the five lug swap you have to get

EA82 arms.

need more than the hubs, but not the whole arm. the rotors are different (5 lug holes instead of 4...), and the rotors are also larger, so you need the backing plate to push the caliper out a bit further. but the calipers are the same and the trailing arms are too.

baccaruda....I'd love to get my hands on some trailing arms with sway bar mounts....but I've been looking, and asking in every partout thread for about 4 months, and still don't have any :-\

need more than the hubs, but not the whole arm. the rotors are different (5 lug holes instead of 4...), and the rotors are also larger, so you need the backing plate to push the caliper out a bit further. but the calipers are the same and the trailing arms are too.

baccaruda....I'd love to get my hands on some trailing arms with sway bar mounts....but I've been looking, and asking in every partout thread for about 4 months, and still don't have any :-\

Theres was an XT6 in the local yard here before the winter. I'll go check again. I'm happy to get them for you if you cover what the yard asks and shipping. Gotta find out if it's still there first

Come to think about it. There is a gl-10 wagon in the junk yard I'm going ot make every attempt at getting to this week. I'll see if its still got usable stuff out back

Sadly not all GL-10s have a sway bar. Most I've seen don't. GL-10 Sedans seem to usually have them

GL10s will have either a sway bar or bump stops on their rear arms.

The rear arms are interchangeable between XT6 or GL, the hubs and brakes are specific.

Chux, did you post in Wanted for some arms?

I'm doing some dealing with Gloyale and if he's got you covered you're in good hands.. just don't pay extra for XT6 parts if they want to charge him thusly - GL10 will work.

Gloyale - I'm mailing that turbo gasket today - thanks!