Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Is there a demand for bolt pattern adaptors?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so are the rear plates designed to go on the drums or the rear disk conversion ones? if they will bolt right onto the drums then count me in as soon as i get the money lol

Yes they should work with drums or disks from the dimensions I got

-Mike

PS yes I got paypal transactions, until new years I am a few states apart from my work, so you'll year more from me right after that

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, I have all the parts, machining tools, etc.. and I have the cad files drawn up, right now I am just working out the CNC program and getting it to do what I want it to do. I think I have located a complete set of legacy rims that I can use to test drive them and beat the snot out of them to make sure they are PLENTY strong to handle everyone's abuse

-Mike

Hey guys I just wanted to update people that I am falling a little behind schedule on these. (neither the boss nor I suspected the business would be this busy this time of year). Rest assured I AM working on these. Cost is still the same on these as initially stated. I am basically donating my time to the project for the subaru community. Its been long overdue for someone to design and machine these.

-Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry I havent gotten to this post in a while.

First off I do apoligise that I made a big goof on the initial time frame of when I was planning on getting these done. Long sad story short, when classes started some other stuff hit me up at the same time and I assure you its been non stop day after day. The GOOD news is this weekend should be the last weekend of this torture, and the business is slowing down again. This week I will be back into setting up the CNC to machine the adaptors. Looking for another time frame give me a couple more weeks as of NOW, seeing as things are going back to normal.

Bosco, if I may respond to the email you sent me... do NOT weld anything to the wheel hub for a number of reasons... #1 welding it will warp it and you'll never have a straight wheel hub again. #2 the steel that is used to make those hubs is of a meduim carbon content, and is very picky about welding. If pre/post heat procedures and weld pool temperature control are not precisely followed you can and will have microfractures form that one day going down the road will spread into a crack and suddenly fail, leaving you "wheelless"

-Sorry if that makes me sound like an A-hole.. you know were cool, its just REALLY unsafe to weld anything to a wheel hub and I dont want anyone to get hurt

Hey guys, sorry I havent gotten to this post in a while.

First off I do apoligise that I made a big goof on the initial time frame of when I was planning on getting these done. Long sad story short, when classes started some other stuff hit me up at the same time and I assure you its been non stop day after day. The GOOD news is this weekend should be the last weekend of this torture, and the business is slowing down again. This week I will be back into setting up the CNC to machine the adaptors. Looking for another time frame give me a couple more weeks as of NOW, seeing as things are going back to normal.

Bosco, if I may respond to the email you sent me... do NOT weld anything to the wheel hub for a number of reasons... #1 welding it will warp it and you'll never have a straight wheel hub again. #2 the steel that is used to make those hubs is of a meduim carbon content, and is very picky about welding. If pre/post heat procedures and weld pool temperature control are not precisely followed you can and will have microfractures form that one day going down the road will spread into a crack and suddenly fail, leaving you "wheelless"

-Sorry if that makes me sound like an A-hole.. you know were cool, its just REALLY unsafe to weld anything to a wheel hub and I dont want anyone to get hurt

See that's what I ask questions like this....getting chastized/:Flame: here

is better that:dead: on the freeway.

BW

if its not to late, how can i get a set of 4X115 for my 81 dl?? thanx:clap:

Its not too late for any bolt pattern. I'll put that down as a requiest if there is enough demand I can make that adaptor as well. First things first let me get the CNC program in order and the first adaptors made, but I will contact you when I am available to make that size as well.

-Mike

Does that mean the pm you sent me no longer applies, l'm confused.

Please get in touch so l know. :-\

Its not too late for any bolt pattern. I'll put that down as a requiest if there is enough demand I can make that adaptor as well. First things first let me get the CNC program in order and the first adaptors made, but I will contact you when I am available to make that size as well.

-Mike

ok thanks Mike but l am moving overseas in the next month for business purposes and may possibly sell my beast, (not the way l'd like it), as unsure if l will be returning here again so please when the time comes, shoot me a pm please and l will advise you of my intensions, many thanks.

Good luck with your studies.

Pete.

No, you're still all set. I'm just keeping the door open to future bolt patterns that people may want.

-Mike

• 1 month later...

wow... bumparu

yes I know it's not a word.... but it's a subaru bump.

if I get this DL I will need some adaptation down the road.

I am not sure why everyone wants the 5 lug....

4X100 as a request as they make almost every wheel in that size.

but yeah bump cause we need these to be available!

I am not sure why everyone wants the 5 lug....

It would be to use in conjunction with Leg/Imp/Frstr supenion part for the front, which are 5 lug.

Also Offroad application 4x100 is way to wimpy, that' why subaru went 4x140 in the first place, the wide spacing takes some strain off the studs.

Also it is nice to use all Subaru stuff including wheels, like from a WRX, Forrester or Legacy which are 5 lug

ok i need to clear some water here. are these adaptors wat i think they are? cuz if they are it would be nice cuz i wanna put some "street" wheels on my GL and gold sti wheels on my GL-10. somone clue me in please.

ok i need to clear some water here. are these adaptors wat i think they are? cuz if they are it would be nice cuz i wanna put some "street" wheels on my GL and gold sti wheels on my GL-10. somone clue me in please.

+1, i'm in if this works out, sure seems a lot easier than a 5lug conversion :dead: