Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pulled the trigger...

Thanks fellas!

@Loyale 2.7 Turbo, the Brat is going to get put up in the garage, floor pans replaced, rocker panels replaced, rear wheel wells replaced, front subframes repaired, new rear shocks, probably a newer low mileage EA81 along with an EA82 5spd swap.

@BH, yeah Subaru oughta cut me a check for advertisements like that!! I've even got a Subaru banner in the garage above the RS' parking spot.

Nice! So we are up to three BRP 2.5RS now! I and Durania have the 2 dr coupe models!! You'll love it, just watch the head gaskets!

Yeah, planning on swapping them out for a set of STi HG's pretty quick

Lets see if we can 't test those HG's on the route to 100acre woods rally ! ! :banana:

If you think you're game :lol::grin:

Yeah, planning on swapping them out for a set of STi HG's pretty quick

If you think you're game :lol::grin:

Actually that's what I was told, use Subaru OEM STI head gaskets and they should be stronger and bump up the compression ratio a little for more torque. I will be doing mine within the next 2 months

Hey nice one, always liked the Imprezas interior/seats! :) my ant had a 98 OBS turbo, I loved how it felt! (And no, she's not a Subaru person, nor a car loving type :( Poor subie was drivin' hard and never taking care of)

Anyhoo sound like you got the work to do on the Brat, you gonna post pics of the progress from time to time?

yeah. SUBARU would be proud! I like the banner, were'd you pick it up?

-Tom

Thanks for the honorable mention. I have not had a chance to take more pictures of mine because of the crappy weather. You got real lucky to find a BRP sedan in 5 speed, what I originally wanted but settled for a coupe instead. I'm up to 102k on my old girl and should be getting timing belt changed when income tax comes in and my STi catback put on this week.

100_1810.jpg

100_1809.jpg

100_1808.jpg

Edited by Durania

Thanks fellas!

@Loyale 2.7 Turbo, the Brat is going to get put up in the garage, floor pans replaced, rocker panels replaced, rear wheel wells replaced, front subframes repaired, new rear shocks, probably a newer low mileage EA81 along with an EA82 5spd swap.

@BH, yeah Subaru oughta cut me a check for advertisements like that!! I've even got a Subaru banner in the garage above the RS' parking spot.

cool take some pics of the front subframe repair. in the future i was going to explore the fesability of a complete cut out and rebuild of a floor and subframe, these cars are getting hard to find , in rust free condition, i have three wagons with this problem