Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pics From 01/29/2011 Walker NWWO

one eye

So Andy and Brian came over, and Tex came up, for the weekend and we went wheeling...... image that huh? :) here are the pics

180206_1799667079321_1469125085_31989553_2965526_n.jpg

180640_1799670039395_1469125085_31989565_4980277_n.jpg

179428_1799520915667_1469125085_31989006_6859631_n.jpg

167006_1799522915717_1469125085_31989015_2216223_n.jpg

167154_1799523555733_1469125085_31989018_2125099_n.jpg

163771_1799525515782_1469125085_31989025_433215_n.jpg

165109_1799538716112_1469125085_31989068_5966363_n.jpg

167124_1799546796314_1469125085_31989094_379918_n.jpg

Thanks for takin pics Tex, And just remember Ranch goes on anything!! :)

163776_1799671719437_1469125085_31989571_2770255_n.jpg

Then things went south a little, I broke my control arm, then my axle and bent my Raidius arm, about an hour later we where all good to go.........home lol, could have been worse.........

180356_1799672279451_1469125085_31989573_3343988_n.jpg

180669_1799672599459_1469125085_31989574_5389270_n.jpg

179828_1799674239500_1469125085_31989579_598223_n.jpg

Jeff

The control arm was making noise all day, I think it was on its way out but the longer radius arms where the Icing, as for the Swampers...... amazing, they bit so hard I couldnt belive it, the hooked up so good that I need and EJ swap, the ol' EA81 just dont have the power to really even spin them. I was very impressed with them, but my clutch thought otherwise Im sure...lol

Jeff

The control arm was making noise all day, I think it was on its way out but the longer radius arms where the Icing, as for the Swampers...... amazing, they bit so hard I couldnt belive it, the hooked up so good that I need and EJ swap, the ol' EA81 just dont have the power to really even spin them. I was very impressed with them, but my clutch thought otherwise Im sure...lol

Jeff

so what exactly broke on the control arm? I haven't paid much attention to ea82 control arms, just ea81, and I can't see how something like that would break.... I have seen a radius rod bust off at the rear mount before from rust though...

I like the ratchet job... :headbang:

straps are invaluable to soob wheeling...

terrain looked nice and sloppy :)

ive had something similar happen on white river in enumclaw

I hit a BIG rock goin through small section of the river. Kept truckin ignoring the clunking. continuing to the sand bar. I went to back into a spot and my subaru dropped on the sand the control arm was twisted and my wheel/strut flopped out to the side.. it was epic

i was by myself i stayed with my subaru for 2 days till i fixed it by jacking it up digging holes cutting logs to the right height to put in the holes and support the subaru. i ended up pulling another control arm off of one of the two subarus that were out on the trail littered with bullet holes and flipped upside down..

What luck

good times on the trail:grin:

i was by myself i stayed with my subaru for 2 days till i fixed it by jacking it up digging holes cutting logs to the right height to put in the holes and support the subaru. i ended up pulling another control arm off of one of the two subarus that were out on the trail littered with bullet holes and flipped upside down...

Dude, that is awesome.

:clap:

ive had something similar happen on white river in enumclaw

I hit a BIG rock goin through small section of the river. Kept truckin ignoring the clunking. continuing to the sand bar. I went to back into a spot and my subaru dropped on the sand the control arm was twisted and my wheel/strut flopped out to the side.. it was epic

i was by myself i stayed with my subaru for 2 days till i fixed it by jacking it up digging holes cutting logs to the right height to put in the holes and support the subaru. i ended up pulling another control arm off of one of the two subarus that were out on the trail littered with bullet holes and flipped upside down..

What luck

good times on the trail:grin:

Pretty good reason not to go wheelin by yourself. I'd say you were real lucky. Could've been worse.

tactical AK47

Sooooo, was this particular AK47 versed in, and skillful at military actions? More so than other particular AK47s? Otherwise that's redundant, and ridiculous.

Kind of like my killing noose, or underwater snorkel, or nighttime pajamas.

Get it?:banghead::brow:

Sooooo, was this particular AK47 versed in, and skillful at military actions? More so than other particular AK47s? Otherwise that's redundant, and ridiculous.

Kind of like my killing noose, or underwater snorkel, or nighttime pajamas.

Get it?:banghead::brow:

I put a full quad rail on it with bi-pod fore-grip and collapsible 6 position stock also had a 4lb trigger job and a green laser mount on the barrel for bore to dot accuracy.

Apposed to the standard non scope-able wood grain classic

i just happen to be an expert shot so says the army:rolleyes:

what exactly were you trying to do make me look dumb or did you really not know what tactical meant?:banghead::brow:

Jeff, thanks to you and Tami a bunch for your hospitality! (did I spell her name right?)

Any time, you guys are welcome to stay anytime you feel the need to come over here to the swap..... :) and yes you spelled it right, you are the only one in the world to get it right. :)

Jeff

so what exactly broke on the control arm? I haven't paid much attention to ea82 control arms, just ea81, and I can't see how something like that would break.... I have seen a radius rod bust off at the rear mount before from rust though...

It snapped right behind the the eye by the crossmember, and I really dont know how it happened, it just went....................... no noise or anything.....

Jeff

I put a full quad rail on it with bi-pod fore-grip and collapsible 6 position stock also had a 4lb trigger job and a green laser mount on the barrel for bore to dot accuracy.

Apposed to the standard non scope-able wood grain classic

i just happen to be an expert shot so says the army:rolleyes:

what exactly were you trying to do make me look dumb or did you really not know what tactical meant?:banghead::brow:

I think you need to read the definition of tactical rather than accept what is now termed as "tactical" by Soldier of Fortune Magazine and other shooting magazines.

I don't care if you're the Wizard of Oz's jarhead scout sniper brother, redundancy is redundancy. An Ak47 was tactical right out of the box. Draping it in black plastic bits, and lasers doesn't mean it wasn't from the get go. It's just a pet peeve of mine, but, it's ridiculous for people to call weaponry designed for military use (and really, what weapon wasn't?) "tactical" because it has a quad rail, and a fore grip. Hell, a Ruger 10/22 is downright tactical in capable hands, even "non-scoped, and all "wood grainy"".

By your reasoning here my 1911 isn't "tactical" because it doesn't have a laser, or other BS on it? Nope, it's still tactical. Even if it had Walnut grips, and iron blade sites. The same goes for a black powder cannon, a trebuchet, or an indian's arrow head. All of these weapons were designed for military action, and therefor are tactical. Doesn't matter how much black plastic, or lasers you drape on them. Being devoid of that stuff doesn't make it any way less tactical.

Get it? :banghead::brow:

Looks like a great day of wheelin guys:headbang: That control arm is crazy. I wish I wasn't so far away so I could wheel with you guys more often:banghead:

Jeff those tires/wheels look awesome! When did you get those and what size are they?

Jesse

As for the subaru run, dang, seeing a control arm bust like that is amazing. Makes me want to put an added support on the sides of mine.

Coming from Ret. SSG Wagener (me), IMO tactical means it's designed to go indoors and outdoors without compromising the ability of the weapon. A benelli tactical pump action shotgun has a shorter barrel and pull, and of course weaver mounts to add a flashlight whatever crap you want. Often they have a rifled barrel to allow the use of sabot rounds. I could still hunt with my benelli, but the shorter pull and shorter barrel make it more versatile and tactically advantageous indoors.

Yes, any gun is a tactical advantage over someone else, this is true, but a tactical weapon is more versatile than my Remington 700 300winmag with a 26" barrel and 48" of overall length. I could never clear a house with a 700, but i could pick off a target at medium to long range very effectively. With my AR15 i can take it from being short and compact, able to move around the inside of a house with ease and engage targets accurately, then go outside, extend the stock in half a second and fire to 400+ meters. That to me is tactical, it's a weapon designed for versatility thus giving a tactical advantage to the user in multiple situations, not just the one situation the weapon is tactically advantageous in.

You may not like the fact people use the word this way, but you can blame the military for that since they define tactical: of, or relating to military operations that are smaller or more local than strategic ones; adroit, skilful or ingenious.

Plus, tactical operations starting in WWII were conducted with smaller weapons like the german mp44 or the Thompson m1a1. Tactical civilian forces further cemented this terminology, as they are doing work in and out doors and need a weapon that can be tacticaly advantageous in both situations. Heck this is why the US is finally copying the styer-AUG and making m4 varriants that can swap uppers very easy from 5.56x45 to a 7.62x51 to allow them to reach out and touch targets much further away after clearing a nest.

However to me a tactical AK47 is one those guys kept under their pajamas with a folding stock that allows them to completely hide the weapon. That is what is tactically advantageous to them when they went to blend in with the population, and then open fire on coalition soldiers, then disappear again... though i never understood why a lot of them put on masks, it was very obvious that they were bad guys when they did that.

As for the subaru run, dang, seeing a control arm bust like that is amazing. Makes me want to put an added support on the sides of mine.