Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So lately in Sioux city is I've been noticing something I've never seen or heard of before. There is a newer model Subaru Forrester driving around town. Its black with black 18's. Really cool car but it has an STI badge on it. I see this car alot but Im confused as to whether or not its real?? And what did subaru add to it that would classify it as an sti Forrester rather than I stock Forrester if it is real?

Edited by Shellhammer13
Typo

So lately in Sioux city is I've been noticing something I've never seen or heard of before. There is a newer model Subaru Forrester driving around town. Its black with black 18's. Really cool car but it has an STI badge on it. I see this car alot but Im confused as to whether or not its real?? And what did subaru add to it that would classify it as an sti Forrester rather than I stock Forrester if it is real?

It's called a Forester XT. The engine is basically identical to an STi engine: a 2.5L turbocharged engine, same internals, same horsepower.

The main difference is that the Forester style doesn't have some of the "extra" performance items that the STi does.

Here is mine

009-3.jpg

101_2872.jpg

We never got the Forester STi here, but yes there was a JDM version. Like stated above, the Forester XT comes with a nearly identical motor as an STi. Mine has everything from an STi motor, bolted onto the XT motor to get the same performance. Along with the full 6 speed tranny swap.