Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Another BRAT thread

Never thought I'd own a second gen anything again but it was in the rite place for the rite price and it ain't in to bad of shape so I grabbed it. Tried to drive it home about an hour away and it ran great for about 15 mins and then died right in the middle of a very busy town on Friday night. So after limping it on to a side street and the cops showing up and confiscating my "dealer plate" and having it towed to a local garage, I returned home empty handed.

So come monday my lovely girlfreind went and rented a tow dolley and retrieved my little prize for me. All and all about $200 extra dollers added to the bill, not so fun.

fa6770bb.jpg

But now I have my little truck home and time to start looking it over.

f129be89.jpg

d645587b.jpg

ab956142.jpg

Worst rust spot is this pass side rocker panel. Still solid enough to fix easily thoe.

631cb4cc.jpg

Minimal typical rear wheel well rust.

37f01898.jpg

It did come with this sweet bed cover thoe, in really good shape!

6b0da1a8.jpg

Never thought I'd own a second gen anything again but it was in the rite place for the rite price and it ain't in to bad of shape so I grabbed it. Tried to drive it home about an hour away and it ran great for about 15 mins and then died right in the middle of a very busy town on Friday night. So after limping it on to a side street and the cops showing up and confiscating my "dealer plate" and having it towed to a local garage, I returned home empty handed.

So come monday my lovely girlfreind went and rented a tow dolley and retrieved my little prize for me. All and all about $200 extra dollers added to the bill, not so fun.

fa6770bb.jpg

But now I have my little truck home and time to start looking it over.

f129be89.jpg

d645587b.jpg

ab956142.jpg

Worst rust spot is this pass side rocker panel. Still solid enough to fix easily thoe.

631cb4cc.jpg

Minimal typical rear wheel well rust.

37f01898.jpg

It did come with this sweet bed cover thoe, in really good shape!

6b0da1a8.jpg

Pretty rust free for an east coast Brat. Good find. Lots of luck with it.

After a quick check over it turns out this thing is just about ready to go. Tight front end, good brakes, good fluids. Just need to address the running issue and fix the exaust leaks.

It had a very rusty aftermarket catted y-pipe on it so I rebuilt a y-pipe that I had originally built for my 81 wagon and have had it sitting around 1996! I could have just bolted it right on but two years ago I cut the flanges off to use on my 74 sedan........go figure. :/

So I had to redo the front sections of pipe.

Here it is almost finished.

7bab1c79.jpg

And a few more pics from a lower perspective.

0f96d376.jpg

a8bac094.jpg

0816a90d.jpg

So that's what I got for now. Will update when I get around to getting to it.

Thanks all. The cover is very cool, probly the coolest thing about it considering it's brown, it's has no t-tops, and it's an auto.

But it's all good, I just really need a truck now to move parts around and this will be perfect. :)

Thanks all. The cover is very cool, probly the coolest thing about it considering it's brown, it's has no t-tops, and it's an auto.

But it's all good, I just really need a truck now to move parts around and this will be perfect. :)

Is it an 84?