Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Did anyone ever try dual webers?

Just a thought... I dont think they would fit, but hey, its an idea... Dual 32/36 DGV's... probably too much carb, but it would be neat...

Someone can correct me - but I think Solo2soob has dual DCOE's on the customized manifold he made - that as most dual-weber as I think you'll find around here.

- Erik - Tacoma, WA -

Someone can correct me - but I think Solo2soob has dual DCOE's on the customized manifold he made - that as most dual-weber as I think you'll find around here.

- Erik - Tacoma, WA -

Well--Thats close--Have a single 40mm DHLA Dellorto on the EA81--when I build up the EJ22, I'm cutting the spider manifold apart & running two 40MM carbs:)--

And as for the dual 32/36 DGV's--Too much carb for a 1800 without really working the engine up--the big problem is the single inlet per head--not very good for HP development--that's why I'm going with the EJ engine--I can make the intake ports at least twice the size as the EA81--should be able to pull a non-turbo'd 140/160HP out---

Well--Thats close--Have a single 40mm DHLA Dellorto on the EA81--when I build up the EJ22, I'm cutting the spider manifold apart & running two 40MM carbs:)--

And as for the dual 32/36 DGV's--Too much carb for a 1800 without really working the engine up--the big problem is the single inlet per head--not very good for HP development--that's why I'm going with the EJ engine--I can make the intake ports at least twice the size as the EA81--should be able to pull a non-turbo'd 140/160HP out---

THATS WHAT IT WAS - sorry I was off, but I was mixing current setup with plans of the same guy... can't wait to see it btw... and would you ever mind parting with that deltoro and manifold??? :brow:

- Erik - Tacoma, WA -

That was my plan for my dual carb manifold on my BRAT with dual webers. (Of course, the engine would be worked a bit, but I posed the same question a few years ago and was told that it was too much for an EA81. I beg to differ. I believe it can be done (With proper jetting). Boz

THATS WHAT IT WAS - sorry I was off, but I was mixing current setup with plans of the same guy... can't wait to see it btw... and would you ever mind parting with that deltoro and manifold??? :brow:

- Erik - Tacoma, WA -

Yea-I'm going to re-use the carb for the dual set-up, but the intake will be available when the new motor goes in---

As for the dual 32/36 set idea--yes, you can jet the carbs down far enough--my problem is that you still have to pull it all thru a single port going into the head--so you are limited as to now much gain you will get--got to admit, it would look really cool----run one carb above each head with a balance tube between--I bet it would sound interesting:brow:

Take a look at what the VeeWee guys have been doing for decades with flat four carbs. Similar engine sizes so the same carbs should work with a little re-jetting, spread bore 40, 45 and 48mm Dells and Webers for duel ports and the 40mm Solexs (“Kadrons”) for the singles. Manifolds are the only issue, but aluminum welds, cuts and files pretty easy.

Here are some links to good VW info:

Basic run down of vw carb options: http://www.aircooled.net/gnrlsite/resource/articles/carbs101.htm

Weber stuff: http://www.scatenterprises.com/weberperformancecarbkits.html

Some pricing on this kinda stuff: http://www.socalautoparts.com/HotVWs_Ad/HotVWs_Ad_p12.html

Gary

Im tempted to take a MPFI engine, big delta cams with an NA spyder intake and use a rather LARGE sidedraft on it....dual exhaust and light flywheel and such....RX trans....in a gutted RX shell.

Yea-thats what i'm doin' with the EJ22 engine--weld up the injector ports & cut out the center of the manifold--weld in a rectangular "box"(block of 6061 T6 cut in half-milled out inside) & use a dual set of 40mm Dellortos--it turns out that the EJ22 has a slot in the passenger cam for a "dizy"--So the engine will be almost electronic-less other than basic spark control--just the way I want it--:)