Ultimate Subaru Message Board

14.91 Xt

Sorry i didnt get back to this sooner, I am moving back in for college.

I am running 15 psi. tips the scales at 2360 with me in it

Mod List... Keep in mind Ive only spent about $150 on everything (car included)

*2.5" downpipe - made it from a few pieces of truck exhaust

*Dynomax Race Bullet Muffler - Jegs.com

*Saab 900 intercooler with Home Depot steel piping

*"Boost Controller" - put a plastic Tee in the line that goes to the wastegate, creates a boost leak so that the gate doesnt open until 15psi

*Its an auto tranny as well

thats about it

Ran times of 14.91, 15.02, 15.03, 15.13 wednesday night

Next time i get out to the track, Im gonna put a little more boost into it and hope it doesnt blow up. Its had about 15 runs with higher boost, so its held up so far

-matt

Its probably lolligagging because the stock turbo doesn't do anything above 13.5 psi very well.. Never heard of one going to 18. Are you still running the stocker?

Yeah its the stocker, all stock internals also... If i blow it up, Ill just throw another block in it and try something else. I heard the efficiency is less than 100% at 13.5psi or something like that. Ive got a boost gauge and its showing 15 without moving around much at all. Runs strong.

Hello Matt,

This is really cool information. I'm excited for your bro. You are doing exactly what I wanted to do, in an automatic to boot. Congrats! I can't wait to read up on more of your results.

BTW: What were your 60ft times with your runs? 2.3-2.5s? I'm hoping so because if that's the case, you could very well get in the mid to low 14's with a torque converter upgrade. Good luck bro! I'm rootin' for ya.

you hit the nail right on the head... We called East Coast Converters about a month ago and they said they could lighten up the torque converter for a higher stall. I was planning on doing it over the winter cuase Im back in college now and dont have time to go home and mess around the shop, plus i had to pay tuition. I might get some cams done as well.

as far as what i listed earlier, thats all the mods that are done to it. Well, i pulled out the passenger seat, left the back in so i can stretch out while Im waiting in the staging lanes. Also pulled out some nonessential stuff; AC, center of dash, spare tire rack, crap like that.

ya, thats damn light, my hatch weighs 2100 lbs. and its pretty much gutted. didnt see 4x or 2x? auto tranny keeps the boost all the way up throughout the run right?

i think thats why my wagon was faster with the auto...never had to let off the gas to shift...constant 8lbs all the way...that and it was 125 lbs lighter.

Sorry i didnt get back to this sooner, I am moving back in for college.

I am running 15 psi. tips the scales at 2360 with me in it

Mod List... Keep in mind Ive only spent about $150 on everything (car included)

*2.5" downpipe - made it from a few pieces of truck exhaust

*Dynomax Race Bullet Muffler - Jegs.com

*Saab 900 intercooler with Home Depot steel piping

*"Boost Controller" - put a plastic Tee in the line that goes to the wastegate, creates a boost leak so that the gate doesnt open until 15psi

*Its an auto tranny as well

thats about it

Ran times of 14.91, 15.02, 15.03, 15.13 wednesday night

Next time i get out to the track, Im gonna put a little more boost into it and hope it doesnt blow up. Its had about 15 runs with higher boost, so its held up so far

-matt

Daaaayum! 15 psi? Did you retard the timing? My wedgy will detonate at 13 psi or so unless I retard the timing...

Also: 2300 lbs sounds damn light... is your car AWD or FWD? 3AT or 4EAT?

Daaaayum! 15 psi? Did you retard the timing? My wedgy will detonate at 13 psi or so unless I retard the timing...

13psi on a VF11 is a bit different than 13-15psi on a VF7

I can run 12-13 all day long at stock 20btdc with no problems.. well , I could before the motor got tired.

Its a FWD auto, so the boost stays up.

weight = 2360lbs

As i said before, some mods that i want to do over the winter would be, Torque Converter, Cams, maybe N20.

If i get home at some point, Ill check what I have for timing.

-well, back to class, might post later on tonight if there are more questions.