Ultimate Subaru Message Board

dreaded pennsylvania

Well im back in P.A. from living in nice warm dry Arizona. It really is not good to be here had to come back because my mom is sick but that is another story. My 86 carbed sube with about 1000 pounds in it with all my camping stuff and me the wife dog and cat came across the country really nice was doing 80 over some of the hills in westvirginia but now shes not liking the rain and humidity (like me) Good news is i found an engine hear with 15400 on it with fuel injection all for free from the place i work here now.

I feel their pain!!..I just moved from PA about 6 months ago. Grew up right outside of Carlisle..but now I have found the only place worse than PA ...CT! I hate it here. Only good thing about PA is the number of old Subies that are around. Here in this part of CT I sware I have one of the only "older" models around. I have only seen maybe 4 since I moved here.

But I do kinda miss seening the young Amish boys "drag" racing thier buggies down the road.

Whats so wrong with Pa.. :D welcome back.... where are you at in PA? For that matter where are all the Pennsylvanians at?

Sitting pretty in amish country....

Matt

I'm from Williamsport. Family all still there.

I have a cabin in Waterville, PA. and go to it fairly frequently. I hope to move back there in the near future. I need some acreage and an older farm home to restore. (Out of the flood)

(All Gen1s will be sealed in a ziplock bag from NOV to APRIL! LOL

Todd

I live and grew up in this humid wet swamp where we have stealth mosquitos and nats that pester the buggers out of you . Its called the pocono mountains to many people to you cant even move its like a city stuffed in a jar. not to mention i can hear my nice az sube rusting all ready ! So now i need some advice out of nessity because im broke i had to put a carter weber carb in place of my hitichi changed intake and all it runs but you have to feather the gas to make it move right. I allso disconected all but the but the vacume to the disty and my heater control . Any advice on how to get it to run right? I took the carb of a rust bucket 84 gl wagon that ran great with 13200 miles on it. even had some fun in the junk yard i work in going trough the mud. the ea 81 it was on had lots of power and so does the ea82 its on now but i have to get the rpms up to get it to really go!icon11.gif

I will be coming to PA this winter. Originally grew up in VA so I understand the humidity.

My family is staying in Drums and we plan to hit Paragon Adventure park.

My brother is a Jeeper, but it would be nice to see some soobs out there as well. Not sure what the requirements are for vehicles at Paragon, but there are some nice trails from what the web site shows.

We will be there from Dec 22 to Dec 25th.

I will be coming to PA this winter. Originally grew up in VA so I understand the humidity.

My family is staying in Drums and we plan to hit Paragon Adventure park.

My brother is a Jeeper' date=' but it would be nice to see some soobs out there as well. Not sure what the requirements are for vehicles at Paragon, but there are some nice trails from what the web site shows.

We will be there from Dec 22 to Dec 25th.[/quote']For PAP you need at least a group of 3 rigs one needs a winch. I think the rigs also have to have a dual range t-case but I saw an Acura MDX there a few months ago. The website for PAP is very informative and gives you a good run-down of all the ins and outs of the park. I forgot the address though, give a quick search.

I know the city in a jar of the poconos after leaving Flagstaff AZ. Now I'm in Scranton PA for college and it blows hardcore. Wash it all winter or you'll need doors and rear 1/4s like me and my Trooper needs front floorpans both sides. The upside is every PA town I've lived in (stroudsburg, milford, bushkill, scranton,etc.) I run into a ton of sube heads and have a good time.

For PAP you need at least a group of 3 rigs one needs a winch. I think the rigs also have to have a dual range t-case but I saw an Acura MDX there a few months ago. The website for PAP is very informative and gives you a good run-down of all the ins and outs of the park. I forgot the address though, give a quick search.

I know the city in a jar of the poconos after leaving Flagstaff AZ. Now I'm in Scranton PA for college and it blows hardcore. Wash it all winter or you'll need doors and rear 1/4s like me and my Trooper needs front floorpans both sides. The upside is every PA town I've lived in (stroudsburg, milford, bushkill, scranton,etc.) I run into a ton of sube heads and have a good time.

lots of good engine parts here for sure but good luck with body parts.the garage i work at has thre subes in it a 90 4 door with 152.000 miles a 85 wagon thats trased and an 84 gl wagon that is rusty but ran great with 132.000 miles on it.

Born and raised in Harribsurg, went to skool the first time in Pittsburgh before coming out west.

Drink a Yuengling, snack on some Middlesworth, eat a cheesesteak and put fries on your sandwich for me, `cause nobody knows how to cook out here.

MMMMMMMMMMM...Middlesworth!!!!!:slobber: And cant forget Amish Potato salad... When I lived upstate NY first time I went to grocery store I asked for it and they looked at me like I was outta my mind.

I'm in jersey shore (central) pa

I love middlesworth chips, especially the barrels of them and there is a stand outside of a local lowes that makes the best cheesesteaks that I have ever tasted.

winter sucks though, lots of salt, my brats restoration can attest to that

welcome to the keystone state